Retro and Vintage Weddings

Inspiration boards?

Hey guys!  I was thinking we could make or show our wedding inspiration boards to show off our retro or vintage ideas!  It can be our themes, colours, anything!  Just introduce it and post.  Sound good?  Who's in?

If you don't already have one, you can create them in a number of places (not to mention good old MS paint!).  But here is a handy tool.

http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Let's see them!
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Inspiration boards?

• I'll go first.  I'm going for a vintage wedding with lots of ivory lace and violet pops of colour.   We're using copper as an accent colour and will feature some rustic elements like pinecones, branches and carved pumpkins (not shown).

Our Wedding Website
  • I've been meaning to make one, now this'll get me in gear to make one. I promise to post one tomorrow! I love yours by the way, Nukke. Those shoes are to DIE.

image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Finally did it! It took me forever to get mosaic maker to cooperate, but success nonetheless. Now let's see if I can successfully post it...

[IMG]http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af206/kitkat887/myinspirationboard.jpg[/IMG]
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

•  
    I just realized I am saved from HTML hating me. What handy tools they have for us now on here. I'ma include the link to it too if anyone wants to see it bigger.

http://tinyurl.com/yj77ndc
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay, I like this idea. But for some reason only half my pictures show and its making me mad. Haha. So if I remember I'll make one at work on my photo editing program and post it.
  • This is fun!  I've included my dress & bridesmaids' dresses, and a photo of our ceremony/reception location. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kitkat--I love the casual fun and flirty feel of your board.  Your wedding is going to be so fun!

Robotcake--love the robots right in the middle.  Adorable.  Are you thinking of featuring them in your wedding somewhere, 'cause if not, you should!
    Our Wedding Website
  • I put the robots in there because we're having a robot shaped cake!  Kind of a long story.. but when we first started dating, my fiance saw a robot cake in the window of a local bakery, and we've been talking about it ever since.  We decided that it was a must at our wedding.  We're toying with the idea of giving out mini wind up tin robots as favors too :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • [QUOTE]We're toying with the idea of giving out mini wind up tin robots as favors too :)
    Posted by RobotCake[/QUOTE]

I think if you can afford it/swing it, you guys definitely should!  I, personally, would find it really fun to get a toy robot at a wedding.  YES!!! :D
    Our Wedding Website
  • Miss BiscuitMiss Biscuit member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Robot Cake: I love the idea of gifting mini robots to your guests... I think that is incredibly cool. 

Kit Kat:  I love your colors!  Your wedding is going to be beautiful.

Mine inspiration board is here:

http://circle.stylemepretty.com/members/missbiscuit/inspirations/list/Wedding+7065

I was thinking of putting these mini gumball machines at every place setting or en masse on a table.  The shoes are vintage ones that I purchased online and the floral hair piece is also something I'll be sporting day-of. 
  • RobotCake: I almost died when I saw the robots in the middle of your board, sooo funny and full of personality.
    392: that polka dot detailed veil is to DIE. Love. It.
    Miss Biscuit: I am coming to steal your shoes. The gumball machines are really cute too.
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chantale--your inspiration boards are so chiq and cute!  Love 'em!

Great job guys!  I love looking at everyone's boards. :P  That's why I made this a sticky.
    Our Wedding Website
  • I am getting married in Sept and can't seem to find my wedding color combo. I know that navy is a must. I was all for the navy, green, and white combo but my finace loves the purple eggplant color. Can we do navy and eggplant or is that too dark? I am going also for that vintage feel. Any ideas????
  • Hi Again!

http://bighugelabs.com/viewpostcard.php?id=171559-d47c2

the link above is a wedding board I just created. It's my first one, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_inspiration-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:f09246e3-ded3-46a3-90da-ba4425b97a56Post:b8e66474-b557-4813-8e4f-ac3ab300eb13">Re: Inspiration boards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married in Sept and can't seem to find my wedding color combo. I know that navy is a must. I was all for the navy, green, and white combo but my finace loves the purple eggplant color. Can we do navy and eggplant or is that too dark? I am going also for that vintage feel. Any ideas????
    Posted by thena30[/QUOTE]

Hey Thena!  You'd be best to start a new thread topic about this so more people can respond to it.  This thread is just regarding inspiration boards. 

Love the vintage car in your inspiration board, btw. :D
    Our Wedding Website
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks nukke! I've been wanting to make an inspiration board for months and that site is great! That was really fun and I can't wait to make more! Here's the link....I hope I posted it correctly. :)

http://bighugelabs.com/photos/e7e4cfab794f2a57a0ea84e71775a204/
    mosaic937c23fab1698f26625e79ba14f878bfeac95819
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • No problem, Divine!

BTW, I think we're interested in the same pocket watches! 
    Our Wedding Website
  • edited January 2010
    Hello! I'm new to this board but I've been posting on the destination board. Glad I found this board, lots of inspiration!

Here's my board:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/ateall81/board.jpg
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    My inspiration Board!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's a VERY busy one that I made a while ago (6 months or so?)

Needs updating, but I spent so much damn time on this thing I thought it deserved a show lol

Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Hehehe, I made another one--this is my violet inspiration board.  It features various pictures of my favourite colour--violet!

The middle picture is actually the dress colours/length I'm hoping that my maids will wear.

also here: (cick)
    Our Wedding Website
  • edited January 2010
    *latina40299 - The invitaions from your board are some of my all time favorites and they're from my favorite wedding pictures ever! I love those!

*nukke - Too funny! I was making a purple board yesterday! Very pretty! I just ran across some gorgeous purple boards on weddingbycolor.com recently. I was also making a red board just so I can "live out" a REALLY red wedding since I could never have of my own (I'm just a little too reheaded!) I've been using bridalcanvas.com <---clicky! as well as bighugelabs.com to make some of mine.
  • Divine--Post em up!  Live the dream!  lol
    Our Wedding Website
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_inspiration-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:f09246e3-ded3-46a3-90da-ba4425b97a56Post:17ae3426-1221-4cbf-90f5-fd5589003a33">Re: Inspiration boards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]*latina40299 - The invitaions from your board are some of my all time favorites and they're from my favorite wedding pictures ever! I love those! *nukke - Too funny! I was making a purple board yesterday! Very pretty! I just ran across some gorgeous purple boards on weddingbycolor.com recently. I was also making a red board just so I can "live out" a REALLY red wedding since I could never have of my own (I'm just a little too reheaded!) I've been using bridalcanvas.com <---clicky! as well as bighugelabs.com to make some of mine.
    Posted by DivineWillowMama[/QUOTE]

Thanks Divine!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Originally our wedding colors were going to be black and white with deep red and deep purple. I dropped the purple because it was easier to find things that were black a white or red. Another scheme we had was the colors of a peacock feather with all of the irredescent details. I sometimes regret not going with all of the colors, but when I chose my gown it just made sense to use black and white with deep red. I kinda wish I could throw parties in the future using the other color schemes. :) Maybe I will...... 

Here's some pretty purple boards posted by one of my favorite brides unpredictablebride, on weddingbycolor.com. I also had to throw in one peacock themed board. :) I'll post some red ones when I make some that look presentable......

Enjoy!

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2010
    aaaaaaaaaa I just drooled all over my computer.  I LOVE PURPLE SO MUCH!  Great boards, Amanda! 

I must ask, where did you (or unpredictable) find the boutonniere picture in board number 2?

I know exactly what you mean about it being hard to find purple things.  It's so annoying!!!!  The only "purple" I come across is either lavender or dark plum />:C
    Our Wedding Website
  • I have no clue where that picture came from. I actually didn't look that closely to that part of the board, but WOW!!!! It has tear drop shaped chevron amethyst in it! The one thing I do know is if you want to put real amethyst in something (or check out any other semi precious stones, gifts, etc) check out FireMountainGems.com<----clicky That's where I order my jewelry making supplies from.
  • awesome Boards Divine!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards