Getting in Shape

HIIT

I have been reading a lot about this type of training latley. I read in a magazine that High Intensity Interval Training is more effective then steady pace trainging. The artical I was reading claimed that people who do jog/sprint intervals for 20 minutes burned more that 3 times the calories that those who went at a steady pace for 40 mintues.

Has anyone does this type of training? Is it really as good as it seems?

I'v incoporated HIIT into a few of my workouts, but haven't done enought to see any differents. Just wondering if I should keep with it.

Thanks!

6 months till the wedding!

Re: HIIT

• good morning! i was pretty active in both running and swimming growing up. i still do interval training for my cardio when i run. i've found it to be very effective for me in becoming stronger.

one thing my coaches always talked about was "active recovery", or the idea of your body being trained to recovery from fatigue while still working it. idk the science or sports logic behind any of this LOL, but i love interval training. steady pace training, for me, is challenging because the pace i need to really get a good workout, i can't sustain for as long of a period of time as if i interval train.

anyways, as with any exercise routine, i think it depends on your body, what you're comfortable with, and what gives you results!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards