Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night Thread

Re: Night Thread

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:7794a4dc-3c88-4387-a620-84795c74395a">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : I'm glad that you chose to share. Not only was it good practice for you to share it with your loved ones, but it also helped us to better understand your POV. I wish you luck as you share your story and work toward a better approach about doctors. :)
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Couldn't have said it better myself :)</div>
  • Veggie - that probably means you're ready to talk about it with someone.

Leisel - tell me about it. H was ready to bring me to the doctor after a week and half. I told him to wait until week 3.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:0f04b869-1807-40c6-af85-5c9e951a53a7">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hooters bride has some birth control implant in her arm and it's supposed to give you 0 periods a year....but she's had a pretty heavy period for like 2 months, she says. Uh, probably time to see the doctor, lady. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>My friend has this as well. I would DIE.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:910bc51c-0383-4918-80ed-191e5f5b481d">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : Jealous. I gained 15lbs in the first two months of depo and have never managed to take more than 4lbs of it off. I just need to run more, I suppose.  That stuff, let me tell you, was a total nightmare. I cried every morning, my acne exploded, I was tired and had mood swings in the middle of class and hot flashes. I considered dropping out of school and quitting my job. Sometimes I considered suicide, and I bled without pause for 5 months (until they put me on a pill to stop the bleeding).  I even cried when I made the call that I didn't want to come back for another. I was a total wreck. Now I take the hormonal bomb or nothing at all. 
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]

It probably helped that I got sick with a bad cold right after I got off the pill, so I didn't have an appetite, but I felt pretty good, and the weather was gorgeous out, so my cousin and I started taking like 4 mile walks every day for like 3 weeks.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I love when there are so many people left in the evening thread this late. I mean, I guess it's not quite as late for some of you, but still. I don't often have a lot of people to talk to at 1 am :)

Oh, and FI is sick. He was like, dying on his couch earlier tonight, with chills and a fever. I'm praying he gets better overnight because he has the second half of the bar exam tomorrow and he can't miss it. This is totally random and has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but I'm worried about it right now, haha.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • A two-month period would make me want to strangle people. Yuck. 

Leisel, I just can't help but get all excited when I see 'Hooters Bride' cuz I know it's going to be something crazy and outlandish. You need to make a documentary about this wedding. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:7e76aa22-be3a-4aaf-b074-f9e31c509437">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love when there are so many people left in the evening thread this late. I mean, I guess it's not quite as late for some of you, but still. I don't often have a lot of people to talk to at 1 am :) Oh, and FI is sick. He was like, dying on his couch earlier tonight, with chills and a fever. I'm praying he gets better overnight because he has the second half of the bar exam tomorrow and he can't miss it. This is totally random and has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but I'm worried about it right now, haha.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Ugh. I'm sick too. I hope he feels better. That would suck if he doesn't feel better tomorrow.</div>
  • Leisel, when is the wedding? I can't wait to hear a recap of it, I'm sure it'll be spectacularly tacky.
  • Ouch, Angel. I hope he feels better soon. Did you give him some Tylenol?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:7e76aa22-be3a-4aaf-b074-f9e31c509437">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love when there are so many people left in the evening thread this late. I mean, I guess it's not quite as late for some of you, but still. I don't often have a lot of people to talk to at 1 am :) Oh, and FI is sick. He was like, dying on his couch earlier tonight, with chills and a fever. I'm praying he gets better overnight because he has the second half of the bar exam tomorrow and he can't miss it. This is totally random and has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but I'm worried about it right now, haha.

<div>Poor guy : ( I hope he feels better tomorrow. </div>
  • Wrigley, he didn't want anything. I should have made him take something. I wasn't there that long because I'm working 60 hours in the next 8 days and I can't afford to get sick.
  • How have I never heard the Hooters bride story? The first I saw of it was Leisel trying to work on programs, and I just keep hearing the nickname "Hooters bride". Is it someone IRL or on TK or what?

/nosy
  • Angel, me too! :)

And I hope that your FI gets to feeling better by tomorrow as well. I hate when you get sick when something that is seriously a HUGE deal is going on.

Remember earlier when someone asked why do you love TK? Tonight's thread is why. Not only has the conversation been really interesting, but something positive came out.

I should have prefaced this post with a P&R warning.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:402da4ca-62cb-42f1-9a18-61c9eb33c459">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]How have I never heard the Hooters bride story? The first I saw of it was Leisel trying to work on programs, and I just keep hearing the nickname "Hooters bride". Is it someone IRL or on TK or what? /nosy
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

<div>It's a real life girl. She's an interesting one, that's for sure. She put something about Hooters on her invitations I think. She's enlisted Leisel for wedding help.</div>
  • Angel, I hope your FI feels better. I hate being sick at a time when I'm already stressed.

The wedding is in less than 3 weeks now and it's going to be weird. I think she's getting rid of some of the tackiness, but there will still be a lot of awkwardness for the guests. She's planning EVERYTHING around pictures. Like timing things according to what makes for a better picture rather than what makes it easier/more enjoyable for her guests. It's annoying, and I'm sick of trying to help her with the logistics because she just does not care. It's like she only cares about the most minute of details, but the big things? she couldn't care less.
  • Thank you guys so much. I honestly appreciate all of your kind thoughts. 

Poke- YGPM back. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Goodnight, Harry!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:54ace233-2aa4-485b-a1ed-cb5407edf73d">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wrigley, he didn't want anything. I should have made him take something. I wasn't there that long because I'm working 60 hours in the next 8 days and I can't afford to get sick.
    Ugh. FI is the same way. He'll whine and complain about having a fever for four days, knowing damn well a cool cloth and Tylenol will knock it out within a day or so.
  • Oooh yeah, that's next week! That's great Angel. 
  • Wrigley, she's marrying my H's cousin. She listed Hooters as a "place to kill time between the ceremony and reception" on her invites, and has all kinds of ridiculous wedding ideas. I'm helping her make programs and I've been helping her with other planning things, but she really doesn't like to be practical and it annoys me. 
  • Leisel, she sounds magical.
  • Also, I feel like I talk about that girl way too much. So please tell me if I'm being annoying about it.
  • Angel, I hope he gets better fast! Total shiityy timing. Ugh. 

Hooters Bride is indeed real. If memory serves me correctly, she had a gap or something between ceremony and reception and suggested places to go during that time, including the local Hooters. Leisel was to help with planning but then was 'fired' but now is back helping. 
  • Ha, I forgot she originally fired you from her planning. Man, what a peach.
  • Leisel I get a huge kick out of hearing The Tales of Hooters Bride. 

And I marvel at your patience, because if I had to help her with things there'd surely be some punching in the face action. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:e676be85-6ad6-4705-83b2-61aa75a36dc2">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wrigley, she's marrying my H's cousin.<strong> She listed Hooters as a "place to kill time between the ceremony and reception" on her invites</strong>, and has all kinds of ridiculous wedding ideas. I'm helping her make programs and I've been helping her with other planning things, but she really doesn't like to be practical and it annoys me. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]
    I seriously snorted at this.
  • If she wasn't marrying someone that I really like, and marrying into a family that I love to pieces I'd probably not bother with her. But I want to give her the benefit of the doubt - H's extended family is very close, so I'm going to have to see this girl pretty often, or at least for holidays and big birthdays. I'd rather not have her hate me when we'll have to interact somewhat for the rest of our lives, ya know?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:fd878abe-5fd6-44b9-af46-be942b64530d">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel, I hope he gets better fast! Total shiityy timing. Ugh.  <strong>Hooters Bride is indeed real</strong>. If memory serves me correctly, she had a gap or something between ceremony and reception and suggested places to go during that time, including the local Hooters. Leisel was to help with planning but then was 'fired' but now is back helping. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I meant as in someone she knows in real life or someone on The Knot she's never met but is helping with stuff. I knew she was a real person. :)<div>
    </div><div>I like the stories.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:1b300427-2486-4386-8758-8d51d5a701d8">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : I seriously snorted at this.
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

<div>I wish SO BADLY that I could post her invitations here, and her timeline for the wedding day, and some her photographers photos. But I won't :) Just in case I haven't mentioned this before...her photographer is an assistant to a photographer who does shoots with lingerie models. He's never photographed more than one person at a time or photograhed anything outside of a studio, let alone a wedding. I hate that these are the only pictures H's aunt and uncle will get of their son's wedding. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards