Missouri-St Louis
Options

Jewel Box in Forest Park

I know there was talk about the Jewel Box on the board almost a year ago - has anyone had their ceremony there since?

FI is nervous about th 90 minute time-slot and is adament about reserving two slots just in case.  Is this worth it and necessary?

Because we have alot of out of town guests (all of his and a portion of mine) his plan was to do a quick rehearsal with the wedding party (guys and gals separate of course) before guests arrived and florists began decorating.  This would give us time to decorate more than we would if we had 90 minutes, allow the anxiety to subside, and account for any late arrivals or guests who got lost along the way.

Additionally we'd have time to take pictures inside instead of rushing to clean-up.

How was your experience with the 90 min. time slot?  Could you have used more time?  If we have the budget would you suggest it?

Re: Jewel Box in Forest Park

• Options
    Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I haven't had a wedding there, but I've been to plenty and been in the bridal party for two.  If you have the budget, I would strongly reccomend it.  Everything is always rushed w/ the 90 minute time slot, and the guests can sense that.  Plus the two weddings I was in that were held there only had time for a few pictures inside, and it was so rushed that everyone ended up completely stressed out!  It would probably be worth the extra money you would spend to make your ceremony more special, and to give you the time to take pictures and relax a little bit.  Good luck! :)

Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    anb2011anb2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in my best friend's wedding at the Jewel Box and it was beautiful! However, we were extremely rushed the day of the wedding and even when we went the night before to rehearse. If you have the budget, I recommend getting two time slots. If your ceremlny is short you may be ok, but even with a 20 minute ceremony, we were rushed. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I appreciate that you ladies are speaking the truth, but now I'm starting to get nervous.  I've been to the JB for a couple of weddings in the past and they were sooo beautiful.  My fiance' and I are marrying on July 3rd.  We have the 2-3:30 slot.  I heard that it is a rushed situation, but I thought we would be fine with vendors that have been "under the gun" at the JB in the past.  I suppose all I can do is think positive, eh?! 

• Options
    Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately!! You'll be fine. Just make sure your entire wedding party is aware of the time contraints so no one wanders off or anything silly like that.  The wedding that I was in there was beautiful and fun....and I'm sure the bride would tell you she would do it all again in a heartbeat.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you!!
    It sounds like the vendors that you have work with the JB lots, so they understand what's going on.  Leave it in their hands!
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    colleeng83colleeng83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - no need to worry!

I was totally fine with the 90 minutes - it was my FI who wasn't.  He's the one who apparently almost downed a bottle of pepto before he proposed b/c he was so anxious! So I was just wondering if adding extra time to ease his nerves would be worth it.

I think 90 minutes is totally doable especially if you have vendors helping you.  We have over 3/4 of our guests coming from out of town and are DIYing most of the decorations so that part in itself will take a little longer. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for helping to lessen my worries.  I think we'll be fine because our vendors are going to assist with the decorations, flowers, etc.  We've also stressed to our bridal party that our ceremony will begin at 2:30 sharp.  So, we'll all plan on arriving by 2:00 when our time slot begins.  I'll do my best to give a recap after it all.  Best wishes to everyone!
    Smile Melissa
  • Options
    CRW05CRW05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your vendors will know the drill. There should be no reason to worry. If you truely fear about the time restriction and you have the money in the budget I would recomend getting a day of coordinator to make sure things move smoothly. I was married there and had a coordinator and nothing went wrong. We actually ended up have 45 minutes of time to take inside pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards