African American Weddings

BM Dress Ordering Question

For those of you who used Pearls Place (or just have done the ordering already):

I have a BM whose measurements are ALL over the place. When we went to try on the BM dresses, she tried on the sample and it fit. It was either a 10/12 but definately nothing bigger than that.  Her measurements say to get an 18 because of her hip size.  Now the bridal salon said since the dress is a flowy dress, the hip size doesn't really matter, but the samples may have been stretched a bit, so to probably go with the 14/16 instead.  Here is the pic of the dress (its a chiffon flowy skirt dress):

Suggestions?  The 18 would have TOO many alterations to do though.
image180 Made the cut!
image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
image 7 Found something else to do
image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image

Re: BM Dress Ordering Question

• If the 10/12 fit then go for it. I think 14/16 is safe since it is a "flowy" dress. I ordered my wedding gown according to my hip size and it was still too snug around my hips. So really I think it all depends on the designer. But since your bridesmaid actually was able to try on the dress, you should be fine. 
    Anniversary
  • edited May 2012
    Is that the Allure Dress? My BM's ordered that dress from Pearl's Place in Feb for my wedding in June. I have a BM who was like that.  She needs to go with the size that would fit her "largest" part of the body even though the dress is chiffon it should fit like a glove, if that makes sense. It's a beautiful dress.

It is true that the sample are stretched out so it's hard to tell. My other BM tried on the sample(an 8) and it fit, but she ended up going with a 10 and that fit perfectly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't know if its Allure. Its made by D'zage which is a Bill Levkoff dress. When I called yesterday, they did say are you calling about the Allure dress (but it was a bunch of people on hold, so I dont think it was for me)....so maybe. Its style number D'zage 8009.
    image180 Made the cut!

• She tried on the sample 10 or 12.....not an 18. So that's the question..... I think she's gonna go with the 14 to be on the safest side.
    image180 Made the cut!

• kaimahkaimah member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It is easier to take, it then let out. Go with the bigger size. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My girls dresses are flowy so we went with the bust measurements because the hips and waist were fine when they tried on sample. It was just the top part that couldn't zip up all the way. So since the bottom of the size 10 fit them we figured the bottom of a 14 would fit.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards