Illinois-Chicago

Photographer recomendations

Can anyone suggest a Chicago based photographer that you've heard great things about (or anyone that we should stay away from)? 

Thanks!!

~All You Need is LOVE~

Re: Photographer recomendations

• edited December 2011
    We're having Heather Parker photograph our wedding.  She did a great job of our epics.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Timothy Whaley. They gave a us a bunch of "free" stuff and a great price. Epics coming soon!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • edited December 2011

We had Danielle Aquiline - check out pics in bio.  I have a facebook album link under "vendors".  She's awesome :)

One I will not recommend is Bella Pictures.  My best friend used them for her September '09 wedding.  The photographer they got assigned had was okay - her husband's ideas on pictures (where to take, how to stand, etc) were their favorite shots.  In designing the album, you are only allowed to change 5 photograph/layouts, which she fought with them for more because the initial design was terrible.  She finally got her album last Friday...and right now she is in the midst of fighting them as they are horrible.  Definitely not worth the stress!

• edited December 2011
    We love Life on Prints! They are shooting our wedding in August. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Heather Parker shot our January wedding and earlier e-pics.  We could not have been happier.

To see all of our photos (kind of overwhelming), visit:

http://hparker.smugmug.com/
    Click "Lea and Mark's Wedding."
    Password is "fortkamp"

for her website: www.heatherparker.com
    for her blog: www.heatherparker.com/blog

Heather selected several of her favorite shots from our wedding and published them to the blog.  They're probably four or five pages in now.  We are the "New England Barn Wedding."

Well priced, you're not forced into a ton of add-ons like albums, second shooters are optional and you retain full rights to all images (she provides the individually-retouched digital files to her clients on CD in color and black and white).  She also includes a handful of large keepsake prints-- great for gifts to parents, etc.  Very creative, an excellent eye for detail and a photojournalistic shooting style-- she really chronicles the whole day.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    Lilly Photography!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • HMandKWHMandKW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Heather Parker too.  Our epics were great.  Haven't had the wedding yet, but know others who have used her and all love her work.
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kara Schultz....awesome packages and an amazing photographer!
    http://www.karaschultz.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Dean Thorsen and think his photos are awesome. I also loved Husar Photography, David Wittig, Jeffrey and Julia Woods and Life on Prints. Olivia Leigh's portfolio is beautiful but I imagine she books up fast.
  • princessczprincesscz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tasha Schalk of redwallphotograhy.com does a really incredible job and her package is extremely reasonable.  She's super sweet and personable to boot!  I love our wedding pictures.
  • lallylolallylo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matt Schademann... love him. He just did my wedding this weekend and was wonderful. I can't wait to see the photos : )
  • reneeandscottreneeandscott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh!!  Thanks so much for all of the suggestions (as well as the negative one- I had actually requested a quote from Bella pictures and now know not to go any further with them).  It seems I have A LOT of homework ahead of me!!

Thanks ladies Smile
    ~All You Need is LOVE~
  • truthhurtstruthhurts member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Photography by Lin:  http://www.photographybylin.com
    They gave us exactly what we were hoping for.  Artistic, candid, beautiful photos. Super fun to work with and we stayed within our budget.

Front runners were:

Becky Hill
    Real Life Weddings
    Gerber & Scarpelli

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Another one to check out is James Currie.

We recently got a couples shot with him in Evanston and were super pleased by the results! Good luck with your search!

http://www.jamescurriephotography.com/2010/07/nancy-justin-bridal-portrait-session-evanston-wedding-photography/
  • platinumkateplatinumkate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather Parker Photography is the company we used. She has a web blog of all the recent weddings. here is the website http://heatherparker.com/blog/

• edited December 2011
    Another for Heather Parker!
  • edited December 2011
    Essence photography! We had a great experience with them.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Robert Wojtowicz Images   http://www.rwimages.com/    if you want something unique and beautifully artistic
  • reneeandscottreneeandscott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks again everyone!  I think we're going to try to schedule a consultation with Timothy Whaley!

~All You Need is LOVE~
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a low cost photographer, the larger chains like George Street and Timothy Waley are a good bet. Most of the knotties have gone with independent photographers (I did as well, Heather Parker was who we hired). She got high marks in our book!
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know pricing for Robert wojtowicz?? It's the weekend so we probably won't hear back until Monday but just wondering if anyone has used him and might know off hand?? Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards