Ohio-Cincinnati

Anyones wedding been at the Manor House?

We LOVE how we can get married out doors or under the glass ceiling (just in case of the weather) and the location is perfect...I got an email from Linda, and she said there was a spending minimum, which from how she put it, I have to use a certain amount of items and food to reach that minumum. We're planning on a Saturday so it will be 7500 for the reception and 1500 for the ceremony, plus tax. Has anyone ever gotten married there and was it worth the money? I know that might not seem like tons to some, but I'm trying to not to go over a certain budget, but if that 9000$ something includes food and chair decorations then I would be set! 

So can anyone provide any detail to the Manor House that has used it or let me know anything special or to be wary of? I appreciate any and all help! My fiance is still deployed and I dont want to physically go to any place without him yet. 

Re: Anyones wedding been at the Manor House?

• I'm having my reception there in October.  It was where FI and I met so we wanted to have it there.  They were able to accomodate the number of people we had coming which was a plus.  They told us all the right things.  We signed the contract, and now, they are saying other things.  Make sure you ask every possible question.  Every little thing costs money there.  Just for chair covers, I think the cost is $5 a chair.  To change napkin colors its an additional charge.  If you need one special meal for someone it is an additional charge.  Not sure if this is the case at most places or not. 

I wish I would have brought a recorder in to tape our meeting with Michelle.  Right now, I am having an issue that they told us we could go to the 2 tastings, but later she told me that couples could only go to one.

I think a bunch of other people have had different, better experiences than me... So, don't let me persaude you differently.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_anyones-wedding-been-at-the-manor-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:fa081e18-5c41-46be-869e-e24683f12473Post:f6c4fd66-ac7e-43e4-8689-2ddaf61ae48a">Re: Anyones wedding been at the Manor House?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my reception there in October.  It was where FI and I met so we wanted to have it there.  They were able to accomodate the number of people we had coming which was a plus.  They told us all the right things.  We signed the contract, and now, they are saying other things.  Make sure you ask every possible question.  Every little thing costs money there.  Just for chair covers, I think the cost is $5 a chair.  To change napkin colors its an additional charge.  If you need one special meal for someone it is an additional charge.  Not sure if this is the case at most places or not.  I wish I would have brought a recorder in to tape our meeting with Michelle.  Right now, I am having an issue that they told us we could go to the 2 tastings, but later she told me that couples could only go to one. I think a bunch of other people have had different, better experiences than me... So, don't let me persaude you differently.
    Posted by Kari1353[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>its good to know everyones experience, even the bad! I'll keep that in mind, it seems like a lot of different places mess up when it comes to tastings..

</div>
  • I've been to a wedding there and thought it was a bit tacky. The outdoor ceremony was about 10 mintues long. We barely sat down and it was over and then we were quickly herded around to make way for others. It seemed a bit chaotic with too many weddings going on at once.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards