September 2012 Weddings

Cake problem solved!

I posted last week (I think) about trying to order an ice cream cake for our wedding and then transporting it an hour away because there are no Carvel's near our venue.  Well, I was talking to FMIL tonight and she told me that Stop & Shop carries Carvel cakes and if we call the S&S near the venue it would only be a 10 minute drive.  I was kind of skeptical bc I didn't know if S&S actually carried Carvel cakes so she called them and they do!!!!!!!!  They said they could do a bunch of sheet cakes in our colors and my FMIL said she would pick them up the morning of the wedding!  I'm soo excited bc the ice cream cake was beginning to be more trouble than I thought it would be but now I'm soo happy that it all worked out!  We don't have to order it until a month before and it's only costing us $200 to feed 130 people!  Just thought I'd share my excitement :-)

Re: Cake problem solved!

• That's awesome!  Can your FMIL store it at your reception location the day of?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Yea I called the venue and asked and they said they had plenty of freezer room!
  • I wanted to read this!! It was the ice cream cake right?
  • Ugh...TK is driving me nuts with eating posts!  Yes, it was about the ice cream cake.  My FMIL told me that Stop&Shop has Carvel cakes and there is a S&S about 10 min away from our venue.  I was skeptical bc I don't remember ever seeing Carvel cakes in a S&S so she called and they do have them!  They said they could decorate them in our colors and and they're only going to cost about $200 (if not less) to feed 130 people and we don't need to order them until beginning of September!  Also, FMIL said she would pick them up the day of the wedding and bring them to the venue.  I'm so excited it all worked out! 

If my original post comes back, I apologize for repeating the story lol :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards