Ohio-Columbus
Options

Help with Reception Location please!!!!!!!!

Hi!  We just got engaged last month, and I want to have our wedding next year, but we have a very low budget.  I'm trying to keep it under $3000 for the whole thing- including honeymoon. 

I am not hiring caterers.  We're going to have some of the family and friends who've volunteered bring in a dish.  I'm making my own cake as well.  I am a CCAD grad- and know a few photographers who will do the job at a discount.  We are going to get a couple kegs, and some wine as well.  So I'm looking for an alcohol-friendly non-catering banquet room/ reception hall.  I was hoping to find a hotel that would do this, but it seems they all force you to pay for their catering and alcohol vendors. 

My ceremony is going to probably be at one of the Highbanks Metropark shelterhouses.  I want to have it in the fall when the leaves are turning.  So a reception hall near there would be nice.

So if you have ANY ideas let me know!  My stepmom suggested trying to find a township hall- but I'm not sure how to find one of those around here.

Help!

Re: Help with Reception Location please!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think there's a place called Camp Mary Orton close to Highbanks Park. I believe they have a lodge you can reserve for weddings, so it may be worth checking out :)

http://www.godmanguild.org/camp-rentals-c-14.html?info_id=14
    Anniversary
    wedding bio
  • Options
    Apr30Apr30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were looking for places to bring in our own alcohol and we had a family friend have their reception at the Swim & Racquet Club on Kenny Road in Upper Arlington. Not sure if that is too far, but that may work. Unfortunately, they only allow receptions in the clubhouse from late September through May, but that may work for you.
  • Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at the Gahanna Sanctuary since they let you bring in your own caterer and alcohol/ bartenders (we are having friends bartend to save money)... but that may be too far from where you want it. Another suggestion would be to look at VFW halls or something similar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a couple of places in delaware that are alcohol friendly but I am not sure what their policy is for catering.  All occasions catering is one it is off 23 on the north end of delaware. another is country gatherings it is alittle closer to high banks I think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you do the reception at another shelter house or turn the one you're using into both a ceremony/reception venue? That would cut down on decorations, frustrations, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am here to second the Olde Gahanna Sanctuary. The prices are outstand and you get the venue all day from  7am to midnight, if you rent on a Saturday. Other days of the week I think you pay by the hour. The space is big enough to do a ceremony and reception. I am still looking for a venue and I am considering the sanctuary.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elks Lodge in Grove City is nice, not sure about the alchol ? Room Fee is $300   There is also a great gazebo at the Home Road Park.  City of Grove City.Gov click parks and rec.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll definitely check that out- its not too far, and that time period is perfect!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you!!! these are all wonderful suggestions! just what i needed :)
  • Options
    silver711712silver711712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Jessing Ctr or Taylor Mansion.  I think both are BYOB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards