Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

TGIF!

Good morning!
  I'm so glad that's it's Friday:-)  Yesterday I had book club and it was so much fun.  We met at my favorite Italian restaurant and had dinner there.  Then I went home and made some lists for "to-dos" for the weekend.  FI decided he's going to build me a parking space in front of our house, so he spent most of yesterday moving my garden to the side of the house.
  This weekend we are going to movie night at a friends on Saturday, FI is going to an auction tonight, and I plan on doing a few DIY projects (making flower pens for the table number notebooks, designing our menus, possibly starting the bracelets for my mother and I).
  Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TGIF!

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I am counting down the hours until my friend arrives! We are going to go to DuPont Circle have lunch and get pedis today, then I'm still not sure what to do tomorrow. But, regardless we'll have a blast!

H- your weekend sounds perfect! Enjoy your projects and I hope your new parking spot turns out beautifully!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning! It's going to be a lot warmer today, and sunny, which makes me happy except that it's supposed to be 90 both on Sat. and Sun. Frown The AC won't be turned on until May 15th...  Tonight DH and I are going back to Kohl's to get him another pair of Dockers, then tom. he has to work, boo. I opted not to go on the boat tour, so we'll reschedule for another weekend- it's with our "couple" friends, so I'd rather go as a couple since it'll be friend+her BF. We're still going to do dinner with them Sat. evening though. I am assuming Sundays are free, so we'll be cramming everything in then, including a major cleaning of our apt. b/c it desperately needs it!

H- Have fun with your projects this weekend- I know they will turn out great! And Italian food sounds SO good right now, even though it's only after 9.

Jl- Have a fun weekend with your friend- I love having visitors.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    I was able to work out last night which felt GREAT! I'm super sore today! lol - I did Jillian Michaels workout and she really kicks my butt! lol - This weekend I'm going to go on a much needed shopping trip to KOP tomorrow while FI works then we'll prob go to dinner somewhere (I'm going to try to push for a 'nice' dinner somewhere!) then we have an appointment to look at a new apartment :) I really don't want to have to move AGAIN but FI's new job is over an hour away while I just drive 8 mins to work... so we're going to compromise and get a new apt 1/2 way between the two... Other than that I'm SO happy it's Friday! This week has felt exceptionally long and I need a break! haha

H - yay for a fun book club mtg! And GL with the rest of your DIY projects! Cant wait to see them!
    J - SO exciting your friend is coming!! Enjoy!! :)
    K - Boo for DH working tomorrow - my FI works tomorrow too :( And I hear ya on the apt cleaning! Mine DESPERATELY needs it! It'll be a project for me tomorrow after the mall!
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm loving the weather so far today! I'm having lunch this afternoon with a friend from HS, who I am trying to help find a job. I'm going out with one of my BM's tonight to celebrate her boyfriend's birthday (my FI isn't one for going out on the town so he's staying home). Tomorrow we're picking out and hopefully ordering BM dresses. Sunday we're going to my grandparents for dinner.

26- Book club sounds like fun! We tried having one at work, but it didn't work out bc of everyone's conflicting schedules.

Jl- Have fun with your friend!

Kim-Have fun shopping

GMC- Way to compromise! I drive about 45 minutes and FI drives about 8 haha- We really love our apt. and the area we're in so I just suck it up!

Have a great day and weekend everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ross - I hear you on that one! I really love our apt too but it's SO expensive! That's another reason we're moving... to find a place a little less expensive... But since I came here to Philly 5 yrs ago I have moved 3 times and am just sick of packing up my life and moving! lol... I guess we'll see what happens! I admire you for driving so far w/out complaining! I HATE driving! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning!  I haven't been on for a few months because my computer died, and with the wedding coming up, I can't afford a new one.  It was hard to get used to not getting on here everyday.
    Tonight, I'm cleaning my house like crazy.  I'm going to have FMIL adopted son for a few days this week.  I'm going to my brother's family house warming party tomorrow.  Sunday, I'm relaxing all day because it's my birthday.

I'm so glad it's Friday!
  • edited December 2011

G- Yea, boo for our men working on Sat. I'm sure I'll get used to it though, as long as it doesn't start becoming Sundays too!

ros- Enjoy lunch with your friend, and GL with the BM dresses!

stargazer- Happy Birthday a few days early!

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone, and happy Friday!  I'm home sick again today, boo.  We've got a bunch of plans for this weekend so I'm hoping to heal up by like... 7 PM tonight ;)

Sounds like everyone has fun plans for the weekend!  Have good ones and enjoy the nice weather!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011

J-have fun getting a pedicure, I'm super jealous!
    Kim-have a good weekend, I hope dinner out is a nice time-glad you are able to at least do that!

G-have fun at KOP!  Shop some for me:-)  I love your siggy picture, those flowers are gorgeous!

star-happy early birthday!

Jen-I hope you feel better!  That's so crappy you've been feeling bad.  Do you think it's all the traveling the last week?  Sometimes that makes me feel under the weather.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    TGIF everyone!  I had breakfast this morning with one of my favorite professors ever.  Her daughters are going through some health issues (mental and physical) so it was nice to take her mind off that.  She basically told me I got an A in my advanced legal writing class (yay!).  I am at the office til 330, then I'm headed to Baltimore/D.C for the weekend.  DH is excited to not have to drive back to Pittsburgh for once. 

Grigio is in his cage in the parking lot with food, water, his bed, and toys.  I parked under a tree, left all the windows down and the back hatch open to my jeep.  I think he'll be ok for 4 hours, it's only 70 here.  Do you guys think that's mean???  It would have added 2 hours to my trip to go home and get him, and the daycare near my office for him has weird restrictions and requires a fecal exam every 30 days. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Bri- Enjoy your weekend in the DC area! But be prepared for the heat- 90 tom. and Sunday. Blah!

IMO Grigio will be ok, I would just worry about someone taking him if you've got all of the windows down. But that's just my paranoid self.

• edited December 2011
    Kim, I thought that too, but we have security in our parking lot, we're way out in the boonies and my alarm to my jeep goes off if anything is unlocked or opened when it's locked.  The only way to unlock iit from inside wihtout the alarm going off is if there is enough weight in the front seat.  Has to be the same weight as the current "driver mode" which is me.  I doubt a thief is going to be that smart, but I'm headed out to check on him
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, you've got quite the security system going on then! I think it's safe to say he'll be just fine. Smile
  • missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay happy Friday!!

I am looking forward to getting out of work in 2.5 hours, and then off to a friend's dress fitting for her wedding gown, and lots of champagne!
  • edited December 2011
    he's fine, and now that people know he's out there, he;s had a constant parade of visitors.  LOL.  Only 30 more minutes of work!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards