Moms and Maids

Thoughts and Prayers

I don't usually ask for T&P on TK but I feel I need to do SOMETHING.  My hometown in TN got nailed last night by the outbreak of tornadoes.  And right outside, where a lot of friends live, the town of Ringgold, GA was all but destroyed.  I was panicking for hours trying to get in touch with my mom and my best friend and her family.

I also found out that an old friend and 3 of his family members were killed in their home by the last tornado that swept through the area in Chattanooga, TN.

If you could spare some thoughts and prayers for the families and communities in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee, it would be much appreciated.  I have never seen towns that I know like the back of my hand that devastated.  Ringgold has nothing left.  Grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants... not the mention the homes and schools.

vacation vacation vacation vacation
It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
my read shelf:
Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...

Re: Thoughts and Prayers

• KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a link to FB, a pro photog took these photos today.  You can clearly see the devastation this small town off the interstate experienced.  I drove this highway daily for almost 5 years when I was with my ex.  Scary.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150178317618469.330602.759223468
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss. I will definitely keep the people in TN, Alabama, and GA in my prayers. I am glad that you are OK. Sorry for what you have to go through.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Retread:  That part of the south is NOT used to that kind of weather.  In my first 30 years living there, I remember ONE tornado and it didn't do much damage.

Seeing the pics, talking to people at home, hearing my mom freaking out on the phone was so unreal.  We are going on vacation in less than 2 months and must drive right through that area.  I know that there will be so much still in shambles when we make it down there.

One friend is deathly afraid of tornadoes.  So she, her husband, and 2 year old went to her parents house to try to avoid the storms.  Sadly, she went to RINGGOLD and saw both funnels... one went by on one side of the house and the other funnel was on the other side of the house.  She was panicking.  But it's amazing that it can be that close to you and not do much to your house at all.

my read shelf:
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have some friends in GA and that live 30 miles from the major storms but they go through the town frequently. They said the damage is just unimaginable and are very thankful they lucked out. But yes, much TP to your fam and friends Kniblet and to many other people in that region. You just can't comprehend sometimes the true power of nature and the destruction it can unleash.
  • edited December 2011
    Kniblet-I'm sorry for your loss.
    It was heartbreaking to watch the interviews on the news.Thoughts and prayers for your family and all those people who have lost their loved ones and homes.

• KateG528KateG528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My mom's best friend in Roanoke Rapids NC got a tree through her roof the same night as all the tornados in Sanford NC and a couple friends in Dinwiddie VA got nailed a few weeks ago. You are right, this part of the south is NOT used to these tornados.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Knibs - I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Thankfully, where we live in GA, we haven't had anything but some strong winds, rain and hail the other night.

I will definitely keep all those people in my prayers, especially those that have lost loved ones and all of their belongings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards