Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Champagne Reception- anyone else??

The FI and I are eloping but want to come home and host a reception for all of our friends and family at a low-key, autumn location. I found the idea on Project Wedding to do a champagne reception and we both loved the concept-- tons of champagne, water, teas/coffee, soda, etc and a wide selection of desserts and passed appetizers.
I'm not 100% sure about it though. Is anyone else doing something similar? Can you tell me what you're planning? I'd like some ideas or suggestions if anyone has any!

Thanks!! :-)

Re: Champagne Reception- anyone else??

• edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea! My parents hosted a Christmas party last year for the neighbours very similar to that, except it was all desserts and champagne. It was a huge hit! Hands down, people raved about this recipe (and, as the designated kitchen monkey, I can say that it was really easy):

Individual Black Forest Mousse Cakes

We did two cakes (lemon poppyseed and blueberry pound), 3 different kinds of squares, cream cheese fruit tarts (second most popular item), 5 different kinds of cookies, rosemary roasted nuts and a fruit and cheese platter with crackers (you need something savoury to round it all out).
  • edited December 2011
    That's such a great idea!! I definitely agree with the savory to round out the sweet... hence the appetizer idea. Not sure what I'm doing on that front yet, but suggestions are welcome there as well!!

Honestly, I am just so glad we won't be doing a sit-down dinner anymore... that was not what I wanted at all!!! I wanted to elope so I wouldn't have to plan a wedding! LOL
  • lmcit23lmcit23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely have fruit and cheese as well - I can't deal with everything being sugary!

I think it's a great idea, but I'd probably have it at a non-meal time, like 8pm, so people eat something before and don't expect an entire dinner.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • acpiper5acpiper5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you msmerymac , cheese and crackers and a later time
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards