Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Games/Activities/Ideas

So, being a Brit, Bridal Showers (as far as I'm aware) are a relatively new tradition to me, one that's made it's way across the pond from you folks...

As you may well know, us Brits are not quite so OTT as you, so, can anyone suggest any more "subdued", not so cheesy games/activities that we might be more inclined to play/take part in????

P.S.  Didn't mean to sound rude or offensive when I say OTT - don't worry - it's all part of your charm!!! x

Re: Bridal Shower Games/Activities/Ideas

• edited December 2011
    I had 2 showers and both of our families hate games, so they were kept to a minimum
    One was a couples shower with FI's side.  We ate food, drank wine and beer, mingled and opened presents.  It was held in his aunts backyard and it was awesome!
    The other was a ladies only shower on my mom's side held at a country club, we ate, mingled and opened presents.  There was 1 game. We played bridal bingo.  Each person has a bingo board.  In each square the write a gift that they think the bride will receive.  As the bride opens gifts, they cross off items that she opens. Just like bingo, when 5 in a row are crossed off the person yells bingo.  At that time they choose a prize.  We had large jar scented candles, large sizes of nice body products and some beautiful bracelets made by my mom's friend. In my siggy pic you can actually see a bit of the prize table.

The nice thing about bridal bingo is it is not too interactive or awkward.  It also entertains people while the bride opens gifts.

**I tried to link a website with bridal bingo on it and noticed that some came pre-filled with common gifts.  We preferred to gie each a blank card and let them fill things in**
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-gamesactivitiesideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:d538c262-2ff0-4923-bdde-84ef2fb59292Post:aebac39c-2f25-4b01-9b4a-03bdc6096ca9">Re: Bridal Shower Games/Activities/Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]There was 1 game. We played bridal bingo.  Each person has a bingo board.  In each square the write a gift that they think the bride will receive.  As the bride opens gifts, they cross off items that she opens. Just like bingo, when 5 in a row are crossed off the person yells bingo.  At that time they choose a prize.Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]

That's a FAB game - thanks! x
  • edited December 2011
    My shower was on Saturday and we also did not play any games.
    That being said I have hosted several showers and Bridal Bingo is an great suggestion! I also set a timer when the bride starts opening gifts. When the timer goes off, the giver of the gift she is opening at that time receives a prize.
    Good luck!
  • SarahBear7SarahBear7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH did this cool thing instead of a game. She took a picture of me with each guest as she arrived. Then one of our male friends who is coming to the wedding but not to the women-only shower came and got the camera, had the pictures printed, and brought them back. In the meantime, MOH handed out pretty notecards and instructed each person to write a piece of advice and a favorite memory of me. Then she put the cards together with the pictures in a photo album and I had to read the advice and memories aloud. It was really sweet, and now I have this wonderful album filled with lovely pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards