California-San Diego

rustic/farm/barn/ranch on a budget.

my fiance and i are looking for a rusitc farm type wedding venue. we thought we had one lined up (private residence) but there were some ridiculous conflicts that came up so we are choosing not use our original venue.

so far we have looked at the:
 julian farmhouse
temecula farmhouse
pine hills lodge
condors nest ranch
keys creek lavender farm (my absolute favorite but pricey)
 but for one reason or another none of those are going to work.

we've also looked at vacation rentals but not too many seem to want to have 60 people over. we are all well behaved! i promise.

we love the idea of the old ranch house at daley ranch in escondido but its currently under renovations and we arent sure when it will be done or how much it will cost.

we are on a budget so that is a huge factor... and a pain in the ass.

we are a very diy crafty couple and basically, we are just looking for a gogeous backdrop with historic charm. think old barns, oak trees, farm equipment.

we have a guest count of around 60.

Re: rustic/farm/barn/ranch on a budget.

• FI and I are in the same boat and would love to find something similar. Budget is a huge limiting factor for us. We really want a "rustic" setting like a barn, ranch, farm, etc. but are having trouble finding a place that allows us to stay within our budget. Last week we looked at Hazy Meadow Ranch in Lakeside and we really liked it! I have looked at tons of photos of Condor's Nest Ranch and absolutely love it but it's just too expensive for us. I liked the places you listed up in Julian. Good luck on your search! Please let us know if you find anything good. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi there,

Try City or County parks and rec.  There's one that I saw that is really pretty, Rancho Guajome at Vista.  There's also San Dieguito Park.  The problem with this place is the ceremony is separate from the reception, you have to drive for about 2-3 minutes from the ceremony to the reception.  Goodluck ladies. How;s Hazy Meadow Ranch? is it too expensive?  I am also looking for a rustic, barn place for my wedding.

• Hey Ladies! Check out the post I made on this old thread. I think this venue might be a good fit!! Excuse me for being so lazy and just copying the thread link. :)

• Great suggestions - thank you ladies! Rancho Guajome is really pretty. Anyone have thoughts on Leo Carillo Ranch? Roma, I am not sure what your budget is, but Hazy Meadow Ranch is worth taking a look at if you want a rustic-type venue. You can bring in your own vendors which may help you manage cost. Laura, thank you so much for the suggestion about the Los Penasquitos Ranch House! I'm definitely going to check it out. Love your photography as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mom had her reception at Leo Carillo Ranch. It was a lovely setting and I believe very reasonably priced. As I recall, they had some timing restrictions since it's in a residential area. But regardless, she was very pleased with the staff and the venue was just great!

I like the idea of rustic farms, ranches, and parks as well. We just got engaged this month and are thinking about June or October this year. Our list is really hard to cut back and we don't want to compromise on who to cut out so it may be around 200. We are looking at reasonably priced places like the Coronado Community Center but realize that the rest of the costs (especially for catering and alcohol) add up SO quickly. I'm not a typical bride as I have never really thought of what I want my wedding to look like. I've been an event planner for years and have helped plan other's weddings. I just know the budget will be tight (haven't spoken to the parents yet) but want it to be amazing all the same. Any ideas for ways to reduce costs in SD would be greatly helpful!

Thanks,
    Esther
  • Thank you, Chelsea :) And I'm glad it seems like a possibility for you!! It's a really cool spot!
  • There is also Quail Haven Farm. http://www.weddingsatquailhavenfarm.com/ It is a private residence so there are time limitations, but it is very reasonably priced and Lindy is wonderful to work with.
  • Thanks for the suggestion on Quail Haven Farm! Checked out the link and will definitely be contacting them for more information. jmorgan, are you planning your wedding there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Nicole,

You may want to check out a new venue in the Vista/Bonsall area.  It is a horse ranch with a beautiful ceremony garden, reception pavilion that was previously a horse corral and a fabulous old red & white barn.  Gorgeous rural rustic feel.  Website is www.weddingsatquailhavenfarm.com or you can find them on facebook.  It is priced right too.

Good Luck!
  • Not sure if you are still looking but the barn at walnut grove park in san marcos is very cute, you can bring in all your own vendors food, bar, etc, etc they already have tables and chairs. It also has a full kitchen..the cost is around 1900.00 for 9 hours
  • Sorry it took me forever to respond, I am a little slow on these sites. Yes, my FI and I are planning a 10/20/12 wedding there.
  • edited February 2013
    red barn ranch does great rustic barn weddings
  • edited February 2013
    I found a great barn for my barn themed wedding at Red Barn Ranch. iIs North of Escondido about 20 minutes. We put up our put of town guess at harrahs and from there it was a five minute drive to the ranch. We were maried in a meadow and then danced in the barn. They let you take photos everywhere including the chicken coop. They gave us the barn for three days to decorate tey way we wanted and the entire venue fee was $5900. It hepled to ciut costs by bringing in our food and drink
  • We draped the doors of the barn with burlap drapes tied back with boquets made of sunflowers and field flowers. When guests arrived they went to the fruit orchard where they were served lemonade in mason jars. To keep our rustic farm barn theme wedding we had guests pose on hay bales in front of the barn . There wer all kinds oif things for guests to pose with like pitchforks and egg baskets- it made for the best guest book. When it was time for the wedding the guests were led to the meadow. The venue had a haywagon pulled buy a tracotr to tske guests via a hyride to the meadow. Our alter was made from several vintage doors and shutters with vintage watering cans stiffed with farm flowers. Guests sat on haybales that were decorated with old quilts. it was just perfect. Red Barn farm is north of escondido near valley center about 20 minutes from Escondido. for dinner we used mixed matched tables and chairs under the shade of huge pepper trees. They even have a few peacocks walking aroundf the farm. The frm is immaculate, and the barn is freshly painted. i dont have the link but the Red Barn Farm is in San Diego County the link is on vacationrentals.com  listing number 104926
  • do you have the address by any chance to the red barn farm ranch i am going to an open house there but i cant get a hold of any one and cant find the address online thank you
    in Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_rusticfarmbarnranch-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:ccd79672-c033-44b9-bb61-65f4f559100aPost:d6e6369c-6111-4f19-9aea-a5c9cf31b872">Re:Great Barn and Farm for a rustic vintage wedding in San Diego</a>:
    [QUOTE]We draped the doors of the barn with burlap drapes tied back with boquets made of sunflowers and field flowers. When guests arrived they went to the fruit orchard where they were served lemonade in mason jars. To keep our rustic farm barn theme wedding we had guests pose on hay bales in front of the barn . There wer all kinds oif things for guests to pose with like pitchforks and egg baskets- it made for the best guest book. When it was time for the wedding the guests were led to the meadow. The venue had a haywagon pulled buy a tracotr to tske guests via a hyride to the meadow. Our alter was made from several vintage doors and shutters with vintage watering cans stiffed with farm flowers. Guests sat on haybales that were decorated with old quilts. it was just perfect. Red Barn farm is north of escondido near valley center about 20 minutes from Escondido. for dinner we used mixed matched tables and chairs under the shade of huge pepper trees. They even have a few peacocks walking aroundf the farm. The frm is immaculate, and the barn is freshly painted. i dont have the link but the Red Barn Farm is in San Diego County the link is on vacationrentals.com  listing number 104926
    Posted by 874855000004862[/QUOTE]
  • edited February 2013
    Try Red Barn Ranch in San Diego 760 722-1866
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards