April 2013 Weddings
Options

Are any of you marrying for the second time here? Widows?

Are any of you April brides marrying for the second time?

I was widowed in 2007 (at age 27) and am getting married for the second time on April 13th (at age 32).

Just curious!

Re: Are any of you marrying for the second time here? Widows?

• Options
    This is number 3 for me. My first husband developed a mental illness after 15 years of marriage. My second marriage was too short to even count. He met the girl of his dreams on our honeymoon. It went like a bad comedy. This it the last time.
    I'm glad you found love again.
  • Options
    I am glad you found love again too!  This is it for me too.....trust me!  I don't think I would handle planning another wedding!  Ha ha.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_are-any-of-you-marrying-for-the-second-time-here-widows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3ad8056f-6676-4a52-9e6b-8e69a350f52cPost:16b9dff2-8600-4688-97bb-b8162d912257">Re: Are any of you marrying for the second time here? Widows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is number 3 for me. My first husband developed a mental illness after 15 years of marriage. My second marriage was too short to even count. He met the girl of his dreams on our honeymoon. It went like a bad comedy. This it the last time. I'm glad you found love again.
    Posted by melicifant[/QUOTE]

Oh man- that's like that movie Along Came Polly.. how horrible! Well, glad you both found love again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It was very nice and handled well. We are all still friends but I did inform them that they were the first cut off the wedding list when we had to shave some guests off.
  • Options
    This will be my second.  First hubby, out of blue, up and decided to be with one of our clients (we owned a biz together) a couple of months after our daughter was born.  The ex's mistress got married to her then fiance during the whole charade only to divorce the guy two months later to marry my ex...... I still don't get it.  Anyway - crappy crazy situation as it was, my soon to be hubby is an amazing man who is a stable, steady and wonderful influence in my daughters life and I feel so very lucky to have met him. 

But this will be the LAST - I wouldn't do this a third time! Laughing
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    My story is almost identicle to bpdbride - this is my second and last. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_are-any-of-you-marrying-for-the-second-time-here-widows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3ad8056f-6676-4a52-9e6b-8e69a350f52cPost:b514c022-02c8-40b9-9a70-15a381c964c4">Re: Are any of you marrying for the second time here? Widows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My story is almost identicle to bpdbride - this is my second and last. :)
    Posted by bethie0022[/QUOTE]

Oh wow Beth, did you feel like you belonged on an episode of Maury or Jerry Springer?!  That's what it felt like for me! It was the most painful and bizarre situation I've ever been through - but yay for us for finding a better man! 

Hoping for long and happy relationships for all this time around!
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    lol. My 2nd. I married Guy1 at 27 but for all the wrong reasons. He was my best friend but there were big pieces of the marriage part missing. We split after a year and a bit. Very amicably. Still best friends. FI and I are older (I'm 32 now) and while I'm still crazypants, I know what I'm getting myself into this time. :-) I'm a mix of terrified and feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Under all the shiny fun romantic stuff we really know how to talk to each other and find common ground and move forward together. With that as a foundation (and his great ass) how can we lose?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards