Wedding Party

Gender neutral name for Flower Girl/Ring Bearer

Hi all,

I'm having a simple program with the order of service and then the names of participants.  I have a non-traditional wedding party so my (male) made of honor and his (1 male and 1 female) bestmen will all be listed under the title of "wedding party".  We have my niece and his nephew participating, too.  They will walk (hopefully!) down the aisle together but neither has flowers to throw or a ring pillow to hold.  Do you guys have any suggestions as to non-traditional labels we could use for them in the program?  They're not actually doing a flower or ring role, and I prefer gender neutral titles.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have!  I just discovered this board and it is awesome.

best,

Kris

Re: Gender neutral name for Flower Girl/Ring Bearer

• If all of the adult attendants are being listed under the same "Wedding Party" header, I would just list the children there as well.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • "Child Attendants"? 

Although I think RB is gender neutral.  It's like usher, nothing about the word suggests gender except for our own experiences.  (Kind of like how when most people hear "doctor" they imagine a man even though many women are doctors today.)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gender-neutral-name-flower-girlring-bearer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:76c2fa86-e3a1-43da-8f2b-c424db361ddbPost:2b1eadd0-fe05-41eb-84cb-2cf7a287fb28">Re: Gender neutral name for Flower Girl/Ring Bearer</a>:
    [QUOTE]If all of the adult attendants are being listed under the same "Wedding Party" header, I would just list the children there as well.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I agree.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gender-neutral-name-flower-girlring-bearer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:76c2fa86-e3a1-43da-8f2b-c424db361ddbPost:97add438-aad2-4c6b-9535-e23acd339e01">Gender neutral name for Flower Girl/Ring Bearer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, I'm having a simple program with the order of service and then the names of participants.  I have a non-traditional wedding party so my (male) made of honor and his (1 male and 1 female) bestmen will all be listed under the title of "wedding party".  <strong>We have my niece and his nephew participating, too.  They will walk (hopefully!) down the aisle together but neither has flowers to throw or a ring pillow to hold.</strong>  Do you guys have any suggestions as to non-traditional labels we could use for them in the program?  They're not actually doing a flower or ring role, and I prefer gender neutral titles. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have!  I just discovered this board and it is awesome. best, Kris
    Posted by HuskiesJacketsBears[/QUOTE]

Ditto PPs, but I must ask, if they're not carrying/throwing flowers or carrying a pillow what's the point of having them walk down the aisle?
  • When my brother was little he thought he was the "Ring Barron"  I understand that this doesn't answer your question, but it made me think of it... and it is cute :)

Are they doing anything else, like handing out the programs?  Because then they can be greeters. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards