Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

AW Wednesday

AW anything you want...work stuff, life stuff, cute pets, DIY, etc.  PIP if you can!

Re: AW Wednesday

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some stuff I don't think I've shown:

We got our rings! Mine's BlueNile and FI's ring is from Costco- they had a great deal on platinum.

I mocked up my invites!  Now I just need to do the tasting, then order materials, then figure out how to print them...critiques welcome!

And thanks to Tropical Storm Irene, I finished 80 lace votive candles!

It feels nice to be moving right along in the wedding dept.  I think I'm over DIY for now though...I am NOT handy with a glue gun.

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got an iPad yesterday! And our STDs hit the mailbox today :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our ceremony musicians and DJ!

We are going with Steven Vance for both of the above.  String quartet for the ceremony and Steven will be the DJ and do his famous stolling violin performance during dinner.  So excited I got my string quartet!  And another big check off the list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered save the dates yesterday! Finally!

I also made an appointment at my bridal salon in MD to see my dress and look at accessories.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got our engagment photos back last evening! They're beautiful! So excited we can move on to making our STD's now! Had our first floral appt last week it went well, better then expected actually. Tonight I'm going to try and tackle the wedding shoes!*Fingers crossed* Hopefully it goes well since I've been having a horrible time finding shoes..

mdphd- LOVE the lace votives!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • edited December 2011

We sent our deposit into our photograher today! Very excited to have a check off the list. I also made an appointment to try on wedding dresses soon. I can't stop thinking about that.

I also started my "wedding diet and exercise program" just over two weeks ago and have lost 11 pounds so far. Lots more to go, but its a great feeling when your hard work pays off!

And lastly, last night we finally unpacked the last of our boxes from moving into our new house. It finally feels more like a home!

I love hearing about everyone's good news!

• edited December 2011
    @ jmrupp--what are you doing that you've lost 11 pounds already?! that's amazing!! please share the details!

I don't remember if I shared or not but we have officially booked most of our vendors (YAY) as of last week. We just booked my hair, makeup, uplighting, limo, and had already had the venue, dress, dj, photographer, and hotel room done.
    We started looking at wedding bands but I'm so indecisive! we may have to make one again.

Now all that's left is minor things so I can relax for a few months!
  • edited December 2011
    Really all I have done is cut out most bread (my weakness), pasta, and sweets. I am eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and cottage cheese, which I think is what keeps me full. We have been grilling a lot for dinner. Then every night I either walk, get on the elliptical or I'll do some yoga/pilates work outs that are on demand. And I'm drinking a ton of water! My FI is participating as well which makes it so much easier.

I dropped almost half of the weight I've lost in the first week. It's amazing the difference changing some small things can make.

It's getting harder, but i think making the dress appointment is enough to keep me motivated.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In college, I stopped drinking pop and beer and dropped 5+ pounds just by doing that alone. I didn't exercise any longer or change anything else. I've since gone back to pop and beer (love me some Penn Pilsner Oktoberfest right now) and gained those 5 pounds back plus some.
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, we are all really productive lately!

I wish I had the willpower to give up sweets.  Or exercise regularly.  Or stop drinking beer.  I don't drink soda so at least I have that on my side.

@ heb - thanks!  I like the way they look too... so glad they are done though! too much work.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been trying in vain to lose some weight. My stupid scale has been stuck at the same number (even down to the ounce!) for the past week. It is so frustrating!

Thanks for the tips!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_aw-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:a10c9c32-4640-479c-b320-031586c3d208Post:407bc897-c5e9-4336-bcd8-7042283be054">Re: AW Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or stop drinking beer.
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]

This is my problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards