Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding Party Entrance at Reception

Any suggestions for music for our wedding party's entrance at the reception? I know we need something upbeat and fun. I've heard it sets the tone for the reception. What songs did other people use?

Re: Wedding Party Entrance at Reception

• edited December 2011
    We did soul bossa nova (austin powers song) and it was HILARIOUS!!!! Everyone did funny dance moves together as they entered. We just wanted everything to be upbeat and fun!! This route worked wonders and everyone danced the whole time.

We don't have our entrance on video, but father daughter dance is on tape!
  • AmandaW2BAmandaW2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are gonna do "Forever" by Chris Brown, despite the Chris Brown connection think it is such a fun song!!

We also considered, "I gotta feeling" by Black Eyed Peas
    Amanda
    Big Day: May. 28th, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    we are using i gotta feeling!  Suggestions for the Wedding Party Dance?  We are stuck!
  • ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't decided yet for myself, I still have a long time to go, but my sister used Sexyback - Justin Timberlake, which was fun.  But I just recently went to a wedding and each of the pairs walking in, walked to a different song, it was a lot of fun and they were so funny!!  But here are some other suggestions that I've seen:
    I Got a Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
    OMG – Usher
    Yeah – Usher
    Down – Jay Sean
    Forever – Chris Brown
    Yeah 3x – Chris Brown
    Lets Get it Started – Black Eyed Peas
    PYT – Michael Jackson
    The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we don't want lyrics and things interrupting introductions, etc... so we might be funny and go with the top gun theme, or do a custom cut of some house music like deadmau5 - brazil  or deadmau5 - strobe
  • edited December 2011
    My FI suggested Thunderstruck by ACDC which I love and we'll probably end up using for ours
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have not approved with all, but the song Tell Em by Sleigh Bells has a remix (the diplo remix) that is killer.  My fiance isn't as in to alternative music as I am, but he does like Sleigh Bells :)  It's really upbeat and loud

• asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using an awesome mashup of "I got a feeling" and "Don't Stop Believing"
    Anniversary
  • besaw.2besaw.2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Billy Idol- White Wedding..I think that would be fun. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards