Wedding Etiquette Forum

I Just Want to Say Thank You to The Knot...

for being an open forum.  I played around on another site today - not naming names ;) - that censors their posts. 

They actually removed threads that questioned the site's censorship rules.  Yep, that's right - they censored posts about censorship.

Thank you to the Knot for allowing us to be grownups.  

Re: I Just Want to Say Thank You to The Knot...

• Ya, good thing you guys don't censor, and stuff (and that I just think you do because I don't know how to read well.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The knot lets us say fucking and fucked. Thats good enough for me.
  • So there is secret censorship on the other site?
    Secret censorship is my favorite, basically because it's alliterative.
  • and don't forget about bitches and cunts, Nebb. Thank you TK!
  • ::applauds::

Expat, does this mean I can say that you're fucking awesome? 
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The knot just ate my response.
    Not censorship, but still....
  • ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Cew - That WAS my first time on here ;)

Sucrets - Yes, she should send a PM.

TF - Announce yourself!  We'll protect you from the meanies ;)
  • It's only because we watched Disturbia earlier tonight.  There was a flaming bag of poo in the beginning.

• How smelly.

Perhaps we've helped spur a revolution over there.  lol
  • mocha - do you need to PM me something?

• I know that I wouldn't have stayed around here if they censored everything. It's an internet forum for adults, not for children.
  • Oh, I agree, Jess.  I mean, if you don't like something, don't read it - it's not like someone is forcing you to open threads.

• Exactly.

But people are dumb and have to tattle, as we're seeing over on a certain website that loooves censoring.

TK IS FANFUCKINGTASTIC FOR NOT FUCKING CENSORING THE CRAZYSHIT THAT WE SAY!

Ok, that was lame, but it proves the point.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-want-say-thank-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:795b1c93-83bf-4459-9269-3425087a8c7ePost:b45aa28d-e7c4-456e-a169-e9d65bd9ec16">Re: I Just Want to Say Thank You to The Knot...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah,<strong> the etiquette board has a reputation among the other knot boards as being kind of... real.</strong> Some girls will say mean, but we're just very blunt. <strong>It is a really active board and a fun place to hang out though.</strong> The local and club boards can be very helpful in wedding planning. So are some of the other topical boards, like invites and budget brides. But this board is a huge amount of regulars and then a few times a day we'll get an actual question from someone we don't know. Usually someone who hasn't heard about our reputation! I think most people think they get good advice here though. You should stick around.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

That's why I stayed on this board. I lurked for a while, read a lot, learned a lot and then just decided I liked it here. I don't post as often as I think I do (sometimes I swear I posted, but then it turns out I didn't!), but whenever I have time, I'm here.
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards