Arizona-Phoenix

Getting married on a cruise

What are some things I need to take into consideration when possibly getting married on a cruise?  I am thinkiing of inexpensive ways and I think it would be great to do it on a cruise!

Re: Getting married on a cruise

• edited December 2011
    Do you want to get married on the actual ship?  I would start by calling cruise lines and seeing if they can do this and what the cost is.  I know someone who got married at the port.  They took the 3 day cruise from LA to Ensanada, Mexico and got married/had a lunch reception the day they were docked at a local restuarant or some sort of venue.
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    StashaBonita! Hey girl!!!
    A cruise sounds like it would be so much fun! Good thinking :D

How are you?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that sometimes the US does not recognize the marriage under some circumstances.  I'm not sure what they are, but I have heard it's a little complicated.  I think it sounds like a great way to have fun with your guests.  Be sure to choose one that most of your guests can afford, and give them plenty of time to save up for the flight, cruise, and spending money.  We were knee deep in planning Hawaii nuptials when our family informed us that they couldn't afford to join us.  Luckily, we hadn't signed any contracts.
    Photobucket
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Depending on what you want - you can do a wedding on the ship before the cruise leaves.  This way - I think the cruise line will even let people not on the cruise that you want to attend on board for the ceremony. 

Of course if everyone you want there wants to be on the cruise with you - I would imagine you could schedule it whenever during the cruise.

I believe you can schedule for a day you are in port on an island - but this may be a bit risky as sometimes cruise lines change the ports due to storms etc.

Let us know what you find out!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married on a cruise next month. You should check out the DW page there are lots of girls also cruising for their weddings.. 

HTH! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards