Wedding Reception Forum

Hour inbetween??

The ceremony is at a hotel and then we are providing the transportion for our 70 guests to a restaurant 45 minutes away for our celebration dinner. Pictures after the ceremony are going to take about an hour (hopefully less- but I've been told to expect the hour). Only half will be needed for that formal/posed picture time. Since our dinner is at another location where parking is difficult- most will use the provided limo transportation and won't leave before us for a traditional reception cocktail hour. What should we do for our guests during that hour? Anything?

Re: Hour inbetween??

• I'm a little bit confused.  So your guests will wait around at the ceremony venue while you guys take pictures, and then all of you will use the shuttle to drive the 45 minutes to the reception?  If that's right, then I would talk to the hotel about what you can do for your guests during that hour you are taking pictures.  Some hotels will let you do a "hospitality suite" where you use one of their suites and stock it with drinks and such and just let the guests enjoy that while you guys take pictures.  If the hotel has a bar in it, you could arrange to host a bar for that hour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do a cocktail hour at the ceremony location.

You don't have to have fancy apps or even booze, but if guests are left to hang around, you need to host something for them.  Order some party trays and set them up in a room at the hotel.  If you are doing your pics outside, you could use the ceremony room.

• Yes, do some sort of cocktail reception at the hotel while you take pictures. Your hour of pictures coincides with the cocktail hour so you and your guests leave for and arrive at the dinner venue around the same time. No inconvenience. 
  • Yes, that would be a good time to have cocktail hour.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards