Michigan-Grand Rapids

Getting to Know You

This thread is so we can all get to know one another better.  Trying to make the board a bit more friendly and active! :)

So, please tell us fun information about yourself (without forgetting internet safety)!  I'll start-

My name is Michelle, I just turned 30 (yuck!) and live in Italy with my H.  We've been together for almost 4 years and will be moving to Sweden in a couple of months.  We got married in October at St. Cecilia's Music Center with our reception at Bistro Bella Vita. 

Re: Getting to Know You

• heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hola! The name's Heather (obviously), and I'm a country girl marrying a city boy. Our wedding will be a country, rustic, extravaganza! This Thursday we'll have been together 2 and half years. Smile
  • shwethasrinshwethasrin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, 

I'm pretty new to the board, but I thought I would chime in. My name is Shwetha and my FI and I actually live in Philly right now, but we're getting married in GR this summer, 10 days after we graduate from law school! I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, getting married or finally being done with school. 
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Great post, Amoro!  Thanks for getting this started!

My name is Rachel and my H's name is Andy.  Andy is from ME, and I am originally from GR.  We currently live in a suburb of Detroit, and got married in GR on 9/6/09.  We had our ceremony at Thornapple Pointe Golf Club (it was an interfaith ceremony, so we needed a neutral venue) and our reception was at the Hilton.  Our wedding feel was modern/chic/elegant.... at least,  I hope that's how it came off.  ;)  Oh yeah, we went to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon.  We stayed at an all-inclusive (which I now highly recommend) and had a great time!

**Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I'm Lindsey and my fiance's name is John. I am originally from Grand Rapids and he is from Seattle, but we met at college in Chicago and have decided to stay here. We are getting married in a little over 3 months at my home church and having a reception at Noto's in Cascade with about 200 of our closest friends and family. We will have been dating for almost 5 years when we get married - and friends for 3 years before that.

Shrades we are going to the DR as well, at an all-inclusive! I can't wait, especially in the middle of this Chicago winter.
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • edited December 2011

My name is Marella and my fiance Ben and I have been together for just shy of 6 years. We've been engaged since Christmas 2008 and we're getting married on June 12th in South Haven, MI. We bought a house together 3 years ago and have a 2 year old American Bulldog named Bruno who is like a child to us. We love camping and because of this, we are honeymooning in the UP (any suggestions on must-see's are appreciated). And as a side note, I am finding out that I am terrible at planning a wedding and cannot wait to finish up all our plans and be husband and wife!

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha! Marella, I was SO happy when everything was done!  UGH.  I just couldn't care that much ALL the time.
  • jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Jessica and my fiance is Justin. We've been together just over 2 years...engaged about 6 months. Our wedding will be April 9, 2011. We're both originally from SE Michigan and were originally planning on getting married over there. Then we decided it would be easier to plan if we had it here in GR (we live in Kentwood right now). Our ceremony is going to be at Grand Volute Ballrooms in Lowell. We're also waiting for our house to be built in Lowell! We shold be able to move in towards the end of April!
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lindsey - I hope you guys have a great time!!  That was our first stay at an all-inclusive resort and we loved it.  We definitely got our money's worth with all the drinking we did.  ;) 
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• 1xBitten2xshy1xBitten2xshy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  My name is Rhonda and my FI name is Brent.  We are getting married June 5 in my home church in Coopersville, and the reception will be at Long Lake Park in Sparta.  We met online in August 2007, and have been engaged since May 2009.  It has been a long engagement, and I am more than ready to be husband and wife.  Oh, and looking forward to the Hawaii honeymoon too :)

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Shrades! We went to an all-inclusive about a year ago for a destination wedding in Mexico and loved it, so we are excited to try a new resort.
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • edited December 2011
    Hey everyone! My name is Jessica and my fiance is Cameron. We are both from Lansing but he just bought a house in Lake Odessa (last Friday to be exact!) and I am a student at Grand Valley. We are getting married on May 7, 2011 in Lansing at my home parish with a reception following at Eagle Eye Golf Course. We have been dating for 5 months this May and our actual wedding date will be our 6 year year anniversary! We have not decided on a honeymoon location yet so suggestions are welcomed! I am thinking tropical since he proposed in the Bahamas!

I love the knot so much; so many great ideas, and so many great women! Congratulations to you all! 

<3
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on buying the house! :)

Did you mean you've been dating for 5 years instead of months? lol
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!

And yes...I did mean years not months - Whoops :o/ haha :o)
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Paula and my fiancee is Jim. We live in this tiny little town in Barry County. By the time we get married we will have been engaged for 4 years. We are getting married and having the reception at Bowens Mills in Middleville 7/3/10, then heading to Seattle for an alaskan cruise.
  • edited December 2011

hey everyone
    my name is tracy and my fiance is jerry.  We have been together for 5 yrs and our wedding and reception will be held on 4/24/10 at st. cecilias music society.  Our theme is modern chic... colors are black/pink and damask print.  Also, im incorporating feathers into the theme of the wedding.  we will be honeymooning in an all inclusive resort in puerto vallarta.... 
  • letscollideletscollide member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  My name is Andreea and my FI is Jay.  We have been together 4 years and we have been engaged for a little over a year.  We are getting married on June 5th 2010 in Grand Rapids.  Our ceremony is going to be at the Wealthy Theater with our reception on the third floor of the BOB.
    I've been seriously slacking in my planning and it is finally hitting me and I'm now in panic mode so thats great.
    We are hoping to honeymoon in Europe spending most of our time in Germany and Romania because I have family there who I haven't seen in about 10 years.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been set in stone yet and we are not sure if we will be able to make it and when.  We shall see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards