Military Brides

Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....

13»

Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....

• IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:3e247d63-6c95-4f22-a9e1-b01a4cbb2ab1">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... : Dude, in MS you have to go to a liquor store for wine. The only thing grocery stores and gas stations can sell is beer.
    Posted by melbelle24[/QUOTE]
    MD sells NOTHING in grocery stores/gas stations. Stupid state. I miss Trader Joe's cheap wine selection :)
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:91406b47-6161-40ad-b5c4-b8925b6dfd8e">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... :<strong> \begin wine </strong>haha seriously though, I don't know how some of the docs do it... especially as they get older, kwim? and the ones that have kids are constantly talking about not liking the schedule.
    Posted by firemedicrr[/QUOTE]
    I seriously had this thought when I was typing, but decided not to actually post that part.  Man, I love you girls.
  • edited December 2011
    ftl- get on that horse, girl... and ride it to the end! I'm still pushing myself every day, but the diet aspect is definitely the hardest part, especially this time of year... that and not getting bored with workouts or having to find ones short enough for all the craziness that is life. 

re: the total wine- seriously?! okay, well then I live in the belt buckle of the bible belt where we have NO bars, and no independent alcohol stores? 

I just looked on their website, the closest one is over 2 hours from me. BOOOO
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Dani - http://www.totalwine.com/

FL - they sell everything everywhere. LOL. Publix/Walmart have their own 'liquor' stores next to the store.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, there is no Total Wine by WI. Oh well, we do have wineries
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:8f85a577-b5eb-4015-b317-1bfc110650df">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... : :O  Holy crap don't tell me that!!! It's looking more and more like we're going to end up in MS and I already am struggling to think positive thoughts about that state.. now you are making it even more difficult... lol
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
    Really? Ok, I'm blanking... is your H Navy or AF? Either way, Meridian and Keesler are both super close to the state line, and Alabama is way easier for buying alcohol. Why aren't you looking forward to moving to the state with the highest obesity rate, STD rate, most teenage pregnancies, AND highest infant mortality rate? I mean, MS totally rocks at life!

Ok, honestly... We're not all bad, I promise!!!

ETA: It's also really not that hard to find liquor stores... except in some dry counties... and on Sundays. ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Fire - Can I have some of your's and Irish's motivation? I really want to lose another 10 lbs, 20 max and I'm struggling. Funny thing is - it isn't so much the food, I'm pretty good at portion control. It's finding the time and motivation to workout. I was doing pretty good, but with year end at work - and wedding stuff lately - I'm slammed.
  • edited December 2011
    I think I may go to bed soon. I'm tired and it' getting late-ish here.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Mel He's Navy but the Navy just decided to screw him over recently.. so he's looking to transition. Which means Meridian or Kingsville (TX) 
    We'll see.. but I'm reeeeallly dreading either of those places, so I'm hoping the Navy decided to UNscrew him lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:7c246da2-76bb-4a55-a3f8-8cf56c871f15">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fire - Can I have some of your's and Irish's motivation? I really want to lose another 10 lbs, 20 max and I'm struggling. Funny thing is - it isn't so much the food, I'm pretty good at portion control. It's finding the time and motivation to workout. I was doing pretty good, but with year end at work - and wedding stuff lately - I'm slammed.
    Posted by amh04[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It's crazy- I just decided one day to change things, and I did lots of research and I just decided I would stick with it, and I have. I'll workout with you once I move to FL. I need a workout buddy :)</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:713f9c83-efaf-4906-a594-4353c77c9536">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mel He's Navy but the Navy just decided to screw him over recently.. so he's looking to transition. Which means Meridian or Kingsville (TX)  We'll see.. but I'm reeeeallly dreading either of those places, so I'm hoping the Navy decided to UNscrew him lol

<div>
    </div><div>wait, what did I miss? How did they screw him over? I'm assuming you shared, and I missed it during the Tgiving craziness.</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I feel ya amh. 
    I'm down to 17% body fat and want it a couple lower. just 10lbs and I would be happy. 
    I know what ya mean.. Honestly, it's the gym that I need to get back on though because the moment I start hitting the gym everyday my diet changes DRASTICALLY naturally.. I've just been a fatty this November with all the good cooking.. :o

ETA: I didn't share.. It's kinda complicated, and I don't feel comfortable sharing with EVERYONE on the board so.. meh. Just how the military goes, though so.. Oh well. 
    edited December 2011
    FTL, fingers crossed that the Navy will decide to un-screw him! Is it MS/TX that bothers you, or just moving down to the South in general? I know it'll be a major change from WA... probably a bit of a culture shock too, although maybe not as much since you grew up a military brat.
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha sorry, it's not about the wine, it's just the hassle of driving. I either have to drive into dt Norfolk, or into VA Beach. I just hate driving here because drivers are a-holes. I could use wine right now. Kinda bummed...a wife I actually got along with is pregnant with her second baby, and she moved back home to NY in August. We don't talk a ton now that she is gone, but I thought we still got along. She is at the hospital tonight being induced. I had text her yesterday to send her well wishes for the birth, and this morning she commented on my fb status. Now I just noticed she just defriended me within the last couple of hours. I don't understand what I did and it kind of upset me. Then I noticed the wife I got along with the least deleted me too (which is fine I guess since we don't talk). But just irks me that this all happened.
  • edited December 2011
    That'd be awesome. We have gyms here in our neighborhood, but I just can't ever seem to find the time to get there. I'd rather ride or something. I really need to start doing the Jillian Micheals DVD again, and I have a ballet one that I used a few times - it didn't feel like it worked, but I had results. So, hopefully once work slows down I can really get into it.
    I just like food, I really LOVE food - the taste, cooking it, smells, all of it. I'm really good at portion control - its just the gym aspect of it. So hopefully I can find a routine soon. Once I'm feeling better I think I'll wake up an hour earlier and do my workout before work and get it out of the way.

But ladies - I'm heading to bed. I think one more dose of nyquil and a good nights rest will help ride me of whatever it is I have. This green tea and honey has done wonders and so has Muscenix DM. Talk to you all tomorrow - someone enjoy some wine for me!
  • edited December 2011
    mel-
    1. Your siggy is adorable. your Fi looks so cute and all over you! teheheeh :) 
    2. It's that area. I have no interest. I don't mind the south, honestly. I always find things to like about an area (like you said.. military brat kinda forces ya to!), but I just.. bleh.. I just don't have much interest in that area. I haven't really done research to look at what's there though, so I guess I shouldn't jump the gun. And we may not end up there, but I just need...good ocean (not humid sticky 80degree ocean), or mountains, or forest, or SOMETHING!!!
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Problem solved!!! We vaca together in the Carolinas. A little golf, a little seafood, a little beach, a lotta wine. All set!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:bc3843b3-7eb5-42ff-a362-ca26a8e57f31">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel ya amh.  I'm down to 17% body fat and want it a couple lower. just 10lbs and I would be happy.  I know what ya mean.. Honestly, it's the gym that I need to get back on though because the moment I start hitting the gym everyday my diet changes DRASTICALLY naturally.. I've just been a fatty this November with all the good cooking.. :o)  ETA: I didn't share.. It's kinda complicated, and I don't feel comfortable sharing with EVERYONE on the board so.. meh. Just how the military goes, though so.. Oh well. 

<div>
    </div><div>17 percent BF and you want to lose 10 lbs? from where?! (but honestly in all seriousness, I know what you mean- I'm the same way). </div><div>
    </div><div>and ew... I'm sorry I pointed it out then. I hope it gets fixed/better, whatever it is...</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Haha, thanks FTL! That was our late Christmas celebration last year... he had just gotten back from a deployment, so yeah... he was pretty happy! ;-)

And I can completely understand what you mean. I've grown up in MS, and I've been dying to get out for the past, um... 10 years at least? But there are some good things, and hopefully wherever you end up, you'll find something good you can like about it!

ETA: you ladies on this board are all so cute! FTL, I adore all your wedding pics, and the siggy pic of you and H is great! You're so gorgeous!!!
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was paged earlier Irish???! :) I was out having a few drinks with a friend. But I love all of you :)
  • edited December 2011
    ggirl- we need details about this cupcake wine!!!
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Cupcake wine? Yum!  My roommate and I would get that all the time.I forgot what kind it was, but the one in the blue bottle? Riesling? Pinot? I don't remember.

Just got back from the other school in Oklahoma to celebrate bedlam (OU/OSU) with some friends up there...hmm Margaritas. Yum! Now I have to finish my paper before midnight. 2 pages in  45 minutes?... NO problem!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:fb48e029-2825-482b-8c4f-a44d1724029b">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cupcake wine? Yum!  My roommate and I would get that all the time.I forgot what kind it was, but the one in the blue bottle? Riesling? Pinot? I don't remember. Just got back from the other school in Oklahoma to celebrate bedlam (OU/OSU) with some friends up there...hmm Margaritas. Yum! Now I have to finish my paper before midnight. 2 pages in  45 minutes?... NO problem!
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    I just cranked out a speech in 10 minutes haha.
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:ddf489bb-9bb6-4fe8-8d17-2ab9cc4f515d">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... : I just cranked out a speech in 10 minutes haha.
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

I actually have to do that today. This paper is a small part for my large capstone paper, our group has to "test" give our presentation today to the head of communications...he is going to record us and play it back (ughh not looking forward to that)... and I haven't even written my part of the presentation. Oi! This is going to be interesting.
    Photobucket
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh FTL, if you're sent to Meridian, it'll be an adjustment. A big one. I know you'll do great, but, not pulling any punches, it's small-town living in MS. I personally would find it an adjustment and I was raised in MS and have lived in a couple of different cities there that I really enjoyed and there are wonderful things about the state. I hope everything works out for you guys, sending vibes.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_anyone-chatting-ive-got-wine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0ae1ba43-5885-476a-862b-6e25abf2b7f1Post:59c786b7-f811-4a92-94a6-df8f0f502a57">Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone chatting? I've got wine.... : I actually have to do that today. This paper is a small part for my large capstone paper, our group has to "test" give our presentation today to the head of communications...he is going to record us and play it back (ughh not looking forward to that)... and I haven't even written my part of the presentation. Oi! This is going to be interesting.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    That would be awkward lol
  • tyleet87tyleet87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm late to the chat but I heard someone say wine...haha.

What is it called exactly?
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards