Wedding Woes

I think the first rule of home-made peanutbutter is that there will be self doubt.

at some point, I will go "WTF, why is this not working?" and wander off, leaving the blender running, to check my recipe.
By the time I get back, ta-da, the magic happened and it's peanutbutter

Maybe the rule is "blend longer", but self doubt is more realistic.

Re: I think the first rule of home-made peanutbutter is that there will be self doubt.

• i buy Jif. it's foolproof.
  • this is so much better though.  It's like the difference between home made cake and twinkees.  Not that I don't love me some twinkee, it's just that cake is just better.

And if I am smrt enough to turn it on and walk away, it's pretty idiot proof.  Even on my very idiotic days :)
  • WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    i do need a new blender, and this is definitely something i want to try making.

however, twinkies are gross ever since they started to make them without the transfat and whatever shelf stabilizers make them stay "fresh" (i use quotes because a twinkie is never really fresh) indefinitely.
  • I did have one go moldy once.
    I will not share the story beyond saying that the mod was INSIDE and I didn't know it until it was in my mouth.

No words for that level of disgusting.  none.
  • I thought it was that we don't talk about homemade peanut butter. 
  • no, we dont' talk about the egg whites.

Or something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_i-think-the-first-rule-of-home-made-peanutbutter-is-that-there-will-be-self-doubt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:87185b30-196d-4f43-9261-ec48d7431c04Post:c3fa03e6-cda8-4fb9-8a7d-bb216ff3450a">Re: I think the first rule of home-made peanutbutter is that there will be self doubt.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was that we don't talk about homemade peanut butter. 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]
    Ha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards