North Carolina-Outer Banks

Rehearsal dinner suggestions

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good rehearsal dinner place close to Kitty Hawk?  I was looking at the Black Pelican but wanted to see if there were any other suggestions that were a little less expensive.  Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal dinner suggestions

• edited December 2011

You may no think of this place for rehearsal but I would highly suggest it  Tale of the Whale.  Most of our guest were in town a couple days before our wedding so I wanted to have a place I could suggest we all meet up.  I called Tale of the Whale to see if they could accomodate.  They put us in a front private dinning area and were more than accomodating.  We had our rehearsal at Red Sky, but they are in Duck.  Tale of the Whale might be a better location for you.

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I have eaten at Tale of the Whale before and they are good with great views.

I am all about having a rehearsal dinner that is soundfront b/c they have the best sunset views.

You can try:

Sugar Creek (opened within the past 3 years)
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe (they cahrge $400 for rehearsals, whaaatttt???)
    Millers Waterfront (saw this weekend and looked outdated)
    Pamlico Jack's (recently rennovated & absolutely gorgeous!!)

• meerapatel25meerapatel25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG...Tale of the Whale looks absolutely gorgeous!  I think I have found the place.  Thank you both for your suggestion!!
  • JaimeNyeJaimeNye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it might be a little bit of a drive, but our rehearsal dinner is going to be at the Red Sky Cafe in Duck. What we liked about it, was that there was no facility fee that most places were going to charge. Plus they are super nice. 
  • edited December 2011
    I actually work at Tale of the Whale and can tell you that they will work with whatever you want to do.  We have had anything from small dinners (10 people) , to people reserving the entire front room (wall-to-wall windows soundfront)!  If you have any questions before you talk to them, feel free to post here and I will try to get back to you!

Just a tip:  I am not sure when you are planning a wedding, but keep in mind that anytime late May-early September is a VERY busy time everywhere on the OBX.  The wait for a table for dinner that time of year is typically anywhere from 45min to 2 hours!   I only mention this because unless you rent out the entire restaurant, there will be people there to eat dinner.  When we have private events, they block out a room or a section of tables.  Then, since those tables/rooms are blocked that makes our space smaller and it will seem even busier.  I just wanted to point this out because we have had people come for their private events and complain because it was noisy or crowded when they were having their rehearsal dinner.

Just keep in mind that any of the restaurants here will do the same thing if it is summertime.  If you want complete privacy, you will need to do something in the late fall or early spring.  OR just rent out the entire place! :-)

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards