Chit Chat

$640 million will give me a pretty nice wedding

Since I will be winning the Mega Millions tonight, I have been dreaming of the wedding I can have on $640 million.  What would be the one thing you would have at your wedding if money was NO object?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: $640 million will give me a pretty nice wedding

• I would have my guests picked up by a limo at their home, flown first class to Bora Bora, and have a wedding there. Then FI and I would vacay in this underwater resort, in Tahiti I think, then go to Egypt, India, whereever else we wanted to go. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I honestly wouldn't change much.  We'd invite more people for sure.  Our original guest list was at 250+, but we had to cut it down to 180.  Otherwise, the only thing I think I'd change is chair covers.  We opted not to do them because of our budget, although I would really like to have them.

I'd rather spend the money on a house, new cars for each of us, and a super amazing honeymoon to Bora Bora.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Well, invites are out so I wouldn't change much at this point - I would hire live music for the ceremony though.  I would have gone bigger if money had been no object - we kept things pretty small.

I'd be going on one hell of a honeymoon though, and I totally want an invite to em0's wedding ;)
  • Besides being able to invite the people that had to be cut off for budget sake, I would definitely do a destination honeymoon and go somewhere exotic instead of a couple of nights at a B&B a few states over.
    ~He is the best part of my day~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I agree...I want an invite to em0's wedding!!! :) 

I would be sure to bring in all my out of town guests via private jet (since they are all coming from the same place), have a ice sculpture with DP flowing through it...I would have a horse drawn carriage to bring my guest from the hotel to the ceremony/ reception location and I would have three dresses...one for ceremony, one for cocktail and one for reception!! 

And with $640 million spending a couple hundred G's on a wedding is well worth it because you could have a wedding every day of your life until you die and still won't run out of money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_640-million-will-give-me-a-pretty-nice-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:c689027e-ca08-46d5-a1b5-50916b6d571fPost:561e6714-071d-46fa-ac79-2b8e6bb3c1f0">Re: $640 million will give me a pretty nice wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree...I want an invite to em0's wedding!!! :)  I would be sure to bring in all my out of town guests via private jet (since they are all coming from the same place), have a ice sculpture with DP flowing through it...I would have a horse drawn carriage to bring my guest from the hotel to the ceremony/ reception location and I would have three dresses...one for ceremony, one for cocktail and one for reception!!  <strong>And with $640 million spending a couple hundred G's on a wedding is well worth it because you could have a wedding every day of your life until you die and still won't run out of money!
    </strong>Posted by smilesavy[/QUOTE]

I agree! As long as you have a plan to not be stupid and go bankrupt I think it's okay to spend extra to have a magical wedding if you have THAT much money! My elaborate wedding would be a DW in Ireland at a castle and of course I'd fly my family and friends over. But in reality I'd probably keep it in the US but invite alot more people. I still wouldn't want to spend more than a couple hundred G's.
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • I'd ride in on an elephant and give bottles of Dom Perignon as favors.  Also, the photobooth would have real diamond-crusted grills for the guests to wear.

• There is so much different I would do. Right now I don' tknow how we'll pay for anything really. We are so broke.  In some ways thinking about my wedding is delightful, but in another way painful because money has forced me to make so many compromises. (Our budget is about 1K) Not that I'd spend all the millions, but I'd spend probably like 10K and be soooo happy.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • There isn't too much different with the wedding itself I would do, except some little upgrades like my dream photographer/videographer that are out of our budget. Oh, and I would by myself that $4k dress that I love. But the rest I wouldn't change.

However, I would make sure to buy all of my OOTers plane tickets, hotel rooms and rental cars so all of my family/friends from my hometown could make it. :-)
  • Holy crap. I would definitely want to be invited to em0's wedding too! I'd make it bigger and a DW wedding probably too. I'd hire someone to do all of this planning for me. Seriously, that would be the best. I dunno... everything would be super high quality. 

But I would only spend a small fraction of that money on the wedding. We would go somewhere super exotic (Bora Bora... Tahiti...) for our HM. I'd buy my mom, my dad, and my brother all brand new houses and cars. Then FI and I would hop our happy butts to Japan and retire. End of story. lol! We'd live out the rest of our lives travelling and not having to work crap jobs.
  • Well since you are winning the lottery tonight....I want to be the first to ask you to help with my vow renewal/PPD day since I didn't get that back in october when I got married for financial/insurance reasons.  Oh and I'll be setting up a honeymoon registry for you to help out with as well.  My mom found a great cruise.  It's 104 days, around the world leaving from Sydney, Australia.  The cruise is about $25K each, first class plane tickets to get there are $15K each.  So I'll be looking for that donation on Monday?
  • First good luck because I am playing that lottery too(: I don't want to change mine.I love the idea of my little wedding with close friends and family in the church I grew up in. I would use it more to pay off student loans and help my family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards