Ohio-Columbus
Options

Bridal Shower Location

Hi,
One of my bridesmaids is throwing a shower for me and asked me where I'd like to have it. I have no clue. Any suggestions?
I dont want anything expensive or too high end. Id like something simple, pretty and casual. There will be probably around 30 people invited.
Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower Location

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know anyone who lives in a condo or apt community with a clubhouse? That is where my bridal shower was held and the "rent" was only $40. Dirt cheap. Hostesses catered all the food and drinks, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like what missy said, we used a Condo-community club-house connection for like no-charge I think, then like 3 people made all the food and drinks for like 25 people.
    In my hometown, my sisters threw me one at an area country club (not members) and from what I heard it wasn't cheap :/  

• Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower was at the Dublin Community Center.  I have information on it in my planning bio.   It wasn't cheap, but it is less expensive if someone who lives in Dublin or Dublin School District has their name on the rental agreement.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a family get together at Cedar Ridge Lodge at Darby Creek Metro Park.  To rent the lodge is really resonable and it has full bathrooms, a full kitchen, a fireplace/air conditioning (depending on when you're having it), a big deck all around- it is set back in the woods so it is really pretty in the winter and beautiful in the summer as well.  We've also used it for graduation parties, etc.  I think it would be a lovely location.  You can check it out on the Columbus Metro parks website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Park Street Complex is usually pretty reasonable.  There are several bar/restaurants to choose from and you get access to all of them.  My Maid of Honor and I are both members at the Social Room.  She is throwing the shower there and we have free space rental and complimentary champagne.  Plus free access to Park Street Tavern, The Patio, and the Cantina.  You should check them out.  Here's the link :http://www.thesocialroom.info/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards