Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Stressing about BM dresses

Hi ladies!

How far in advance did you order your bridesmaids dresses? My wedding is October 14 and I'm having a difficult time getting my ladies shopping and it's stressing me out.

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary

Re: Stressing about BM dresses

• I haven't started doing anything for my own wedding yet, but I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in July. We ordered our dresses a week ago, so about 6 months in advance, and were told they would be in around April or May. That will give everyone time for any necessary alterations and stuff.. probably much more time than we'll need, but better to be safe than sorry. For an October wedding, I'd suggest going shopping by April, so you still have some time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My girls ordered in September and they came in December. I wanted to leave time for error but everything is fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • I am getting married in September and we just ordered the BM dresses and they told me they are coming in at the end of April.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Normally 6 months is a good time to order them.  If you are going through a smaller shop, like i did, i had to do things earlier because it took longer to get everything shipped. A more mainstream shop may have a faster turn around.  but 6  months is usually a good guideline.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP. Give it 6 months but they usually come in quicker. Mine were ordered in August and came in December.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I basically just picked the dresses and ordered it for them (and then had them pay me back).  Jcrew always has amazing sales on their bridesmaids dresses.  For my wedding, I got $300 dresses for $100 each (long black silk chiffon dresses).  For my friend's wedding, we ordered a $250 dress for $60 each (short silk organza dresses in taupe color).  For my other friend, we got wine colored silk short dresses for $40 each.  Keep a look out and buy from them. Also, even if it says final sale, their bridal consultants will work with you to get the dresses exchanged especially if it's for a wedding.
  • btw, with regards to your original question, I ordered about 8 months in advance.  I saw the deal and pulled the trigger =)
  • My wedding is June 2 and all of the bridesmaids finally ordered their dresses today (!!!). I was really stressed out about it but was informed that the dresses will arrive in 8-10 weeks without a rush order. I don't think this is typical, as most places seem suggest ordering 6 months in advance. 
    Anniversary
  • My wedding is in September and I wasn't even planning on LOOKING for BMs dresses until March, let alone order them. But I also don't plan on getting them at a small specialty store either.
    Anniversary
  • It depends where you get them from. Mine are from David's Bridal. We ordered them in October and they were all in by December. Our wedding is this June. Good luck!
  • Thanks ladies. I feel better :-)

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • I highly recommend looking at places like JCrew, Anne Taylor, or Nordstrom.  I ended up finding a BM dress at Nordstrom in the KOP mall on a whim, and I cleared it with the girls by sending them the link from the website.  We were able to get everyone ordered early because they had a 1/2 off sale.  It's a Monique Lluiller dress that everyone was able to get for $98 with free shipping and free alterations at Nordstrom.  This worked out especially well because I have girls in the bridal party who are from all over the country.  They all had their dresses in hand within 2 weeks.  Long story short-if you're worried about time or accessability, try a non-traditional route :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards