North Carolina

Centerpiece PIP confusion.

Hi Gals!  I feel like it has been ages since I have been able to post.  I hope that all is going well in your planning processes.  So, I have been working on centerpieces most recently.  I am kinda stumped about what I like more.  We are doing clusters of candles in lieu of flowers for budget reasons but I feel like something is missing.  Which do you like more....the candles with the gems stones scattered on the mirrors like this?

or does the cluster look better with the gems in the glass cylinders like this?  And should I add anything else to the display to add more color?

(Please excuse the wrinkled sage overlays...I was trying to get the big picture)
Thanks ladies...any and all opinions are welcome!
Addie and Matt - October 16, 2010

Re: Centerpiece PIP confusion.

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I personally like the gems INSIDE the glasses. I just feel its more clean looking and tasteful. I also feel like it gives more depth to your centerpiece.

Good job!! :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like them inside the glasses too! Pretty! :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like them inside the vase. 

IF you feel like color is needed, is it in your budget to add like one rose per table?  Our florist said rose heads hold up well if you put it in a very small votive candle holder with water.  Just a thought.  But it looks good as is!
  • edited December 2011
    I like them inside the vase as well. Looks really pretty yet romantic. Love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like them outside the glass.  I think it's because I don't like the raw mirror edge.

Have you seen where sometimes they'll submerge flower stems in the water under a floating candle?  I've seen this done with lillies or orchids that look really cool.  It would be easy to use silks for this and not cost too much more.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'm going to play around with both of your ideas Mary and Beth.  I am with you Mary about not liking the raw mirror edge...
    Addie and Matt - October 16, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    I like it outside the vases, when it's inside the vase, you don't get the full effect of the color.

One thing someone suggested to me is tinting the water to add color. But depending on your wedding colors, that mat not work.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I also like them inside!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011

Hi! Both ways are pretty, but I like them on the outside more and to piggyback off of FutureMrsFraser - you could tent the water. I went to a wedding where they put celophane in the vases and filled them with water and floating tealights. It made the water look tinted. It came out really cute.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_centerpiece-pip-confusion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:fccb7954-78b0-4bbf-907a-e8cba0bf04fbPost:c12ff6e0-9251-4a71-9cc5-9af82037e4e1">Re: Centerpiece PIP confusion.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like it outside the vases, when it's inside the vase, you don't get the full effect of the color. One thing someone suggested to me is tinting the water to add color. But depending on your wedding colors, that mat not work.
    Posted by FutureMrsFraser[/QUOTE]
    I'm with Holly.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am voting for inside the glass also.  Outside, it looks a bit messy, plus if you have kids at the reception, what is to stop them from throwing the beads - at each other, into the glasses, or trying to eat them....this is a mom talking LOL.  Just a thought there.

The cellophane sounds like a good idea if you want some more color, or tinting the water.  You have a great idea and it looks lovely!
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_centerpiece-pip-confusion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:fccb7954-78b0-4bbf-907a-e8cba0bf04fbPost:99b9ed94-43a1-4fb1-80c9-ac6ea094a651">Re: Centerpiece PIP confusion.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am voting for inside the glass also.  Outside, it looks a bit messy, plus<strong> if you have kids at the reception, what is to stop them from throwing the beads - at each other, into the glasses, or trying to eat them....this is a mom talking LOL.</strong>  Just a thought there. The cellophane sounds like a good idea if you want some more color, or tinting the water.  You have a great idea and it looks lovely!
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you have to ask that.  What stops kids from throwing things at dinner?  Really? 

If we're going by the "can't do that because some undiciplined kid whose parents don't care what they do may ruin it" rule, then really, there shouldn't be centerpieces at all.  Or dishes, or silverware, or tablecloths, or flowers or candles or...
    edited December 2011
    I meant to come back and add photos earlier, but just remembered that I intended to do it.  So, in case you care, here's photos of what I was talking about way up there somewhere:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards