Attire & Accessories Forum

yellow gold engagement ring with rose gold wedding band?

Hey everyone,

I have a yellow gold round cut diamond solitaire engagement ring.  The band is smooth and it's very simple and classic but I kinda want to do something different for my wedding band.  I'm really loving the idea of rose gold but i've only ever seen pics of rose gold wedding bands with white gold or platinum engagment rings.  Do you think that yellow gold and rose gold would look good together?  Does anyone have any pics they can share?  Thanks for your help!

Re: yellow gold engagement ring with rose gold wedding band?

• Pictures can be very deceiving because each computer may display colors differently. For instance, my fuschia shoes looked purple on my laptop at home & looked pink on my work laptop. I think your best bet would be to go to a jeweler and look in person. That's the only way you can get a true feel for it.

Plus, there are different shades of yellow gold. 10K looks different than 14K and so on. Go to the store and try on one. Doesn't hurt to look!
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks okay but I'm not a huge fan of having one in yellow gold and one in rose gold.
    What you could do, is find a wedding band that has both yellow and rose gold. That way it's not two mismatched bands beside eachother.

Example:
    http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ho/house-of-williams-6mm-grooved-flat-court-wedding-band-in-9-ct-yellow-white-and-rose-gold.jpg

Instead of the silver I would do rose gold too.

Or as posted above..It can't hurt to try things on!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think it would be fine, just make sure that is what you want to live with forever, not just what you think you want today.
  • If you're not afraid to break with tradition, you could always get the rose gold wedding band and wear it on your right hand (which, I believe, is fairly common in European countries). Alternately, you could have your engagement ring resized for your right ring finger and wear the wedding band on your left hand. That way, you don't have to worry about the two different types of gold being side by side. In the end, they're your rings, you can do whatever you like best, regardless of what other people think about it!!
  • I hate the look of mixing metals, personally... BUT you don't HAVE to wear your wedding band with your engagement ring. In many cultures, the engagement ring is moved to the right ring finger and the band is worn alone on the left. Just a suggestion... :o
  • Thanks for the advice ladies!  I'm gonna keep and open mind and try stuff on :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards