Not Engaged Yet

F/U Apartment "Woes"

Hey all.

So I finally heard from the first property manager, yesterday. They didn't have the townhouse I'd applied for, so I could go to a nicer model (+$100/mo), or go to an equivalent one in another complex. The major issue with the other complex was that it is in B.F.nowhere, with the nearest grocery store and post office over a 15 minute drive away. Thanks, but no thanks.

I heard back from the other property manager today though. They accepted my application, my credit went through, and I'm going to be signing a lease on Friday! Woo. It's an apartment, instead of a townhouse, but the complex is brand new and I'll be the first to live in this unit. Also, it has a garage, which is a HUGE deal to me after the snowmageddon this past winter.

Just thought I'd fill you all in. Thanks for the advice from those who gave it. It made walking away from the other company a lot easier.

Re: F/U Apartment "Woes"

• edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats! Glad things worked out. It will be awesome to have a garage.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Cool! Funny how the apartment you wanted "wasn't available" but a more expensive one was. Convenient, eh?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fu-apartment-woes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00ea29a0-32e8-4b4b-b09e-e74d8c96db05Post:f9aa0e18-c1c8-4e87-96a6-bcb4fccba8be">Re: F/U Apartment "Woes"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cool! Funny how the apartment you wanted "wasn't available" but a more expensive one was. Convenient, eh?
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously.  If you were still interested in that other place I would try to get them to honor the first price.  But it sounds like you are happy with the apartment you found so that's good.  Happy moving!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fu-apartment-woes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00ea29a0-32e8-4b4b-b09e-e74d8c96db05Post:f9aa0e18-c1c8-4e87-96a6-bcb4fccba8be">Re: F/U Apartment "Woes"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cool! Funny how the apartment you wanted "wasn't available" but a more expensive one was. Convenient, eh?
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously. I feel like they're doing a bait and switch on people with that, because they have about 3 different listings for the model I wanted on the local Craigslist <strong>and</strong> their website, but apparently no openings.
    Ad: "Look at this awesome 2BR/1.5BA townhouse! $825/mo!"
    Leasing Co: "Oh sorry we actually don't have any available in that model. But we do have [more expensive model]."

Yeah.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yay for getting an apartment!!! It sucks that they'd bait and switch on you...but let's face it some people are assholes(like goats.).

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards