August 2012 Weddings

Opinion on BM dress idea?

The picture in my siggy is the original inspiration/thought/plan for my bridesmaids dresses.  The idea is to have them all pick out whatever ivory dress they want, as long as they're all about the same above-the-knee length.  I love how the girls in the picture all have dresses that flatter their body types, and assumably, fit in their budget.  I also like the look with the different textures, how some dresses have colored ribbons, and how they dresses arent all quite the same shade... 

However, I think I finally chose my dress today.  It's the Casablanca 1914: 

So my question is... Do you think we could pull off a similar look to the picture or is my dress/wedding too formal for that look?  Would I be better off scrapping that idea and trying to find one dress or one brand and asking them to stick to that?  My wedding will be indoors, in a church, with an indoor reception.  Inviting about 400 people, if that matters.  1 MOH and 4 BM of all different shapes and sizes.  

Thanks girls! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Opinion on BM dress idea?

• Your dress is gorgeous! I love it!

Personally, I think matching dresses would compliment your dress better, since it is such an awesome dress. But, I like the way the picture you picked out looks too, so I'm sure either way you choose will look good.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd just tell the girls to pick dresses from the same designer line, in the same color, fabric and length (example:  David's Bridal, champagne color, satin, knee length) - that way, you'll get some of the mis-matchiness that you seem to like in your sig picture, while still maintaining a certain level of formality.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Your dress is gorgeous! I am a Casablanca bride too, style 1975.

I think you could still go with the varied styles, but I would pick a specific material (i.e. silk chiffon, dupioni, or similar) that will go with the formality of your dress.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • I agree with the PP that you should go with a place like DB or Alfred Angelo and tell them to pick any style they want in a specific color. Afterall, you should be the center of attention and your dress is gorgeous! If the BM are all the same color, it will focus the eyes on you and not so much the mis-matchiness.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards