February 2012 Weddings

19 days and I am still awake....

Ok....so as of right now its 19 days and I am sick as a dog. Its 3:30 am and I am obviously not asleep. I am sitting in front of the laptop making list upon list of things that need to be done and things that need to happen 2 days before, 1 day before and the day of the wedding while FI is sound asleep in the bedroom. What is wrong with this picture?!?!?!?!? Anyone else have spiral thinking????

Re: 19 days and I am still awake....

• Hi teachergurl!
    We arrived in Maui yesterday for our wedding on the 7th.  We did a few things today and our getting our licence tomorrow.  Not too many details to take care of because we are eloping but here I am awake as well while my FI is sleeping!
    It must just be excitement that he day is finally almost here!
    I hope you feel better soon.  By the sounds of it you are very organised and your wedding will be great.  Try to relax and enjoy it!
    imageAnniversary
  • I was up from 2-5 am night before last looking at fonts for place cards and favor tags. I couldnt sleep, fiance was out cold. No need for him to be up tho just cus I couldnt sleep lol. Im 12 days out. Everyone keeps asking what's my plan for this that n the other thing. The latest is what are we doing about gift opening.. um IDK??? Everyones coming in from out of town, hotel check out is noon, we cant host at our house. We dont have anyone else in town who could host, and I dont wanna fork out money to rent a room to open gifts cus, who knows how many we'd even get and it seems assuming. I still need someone to take the gifts from the reception, and take them I dont even know where. Everyone is coming from out of town, I think out of our entire guest list we have 20 people in town.When my fiances brother got married we all went to the brides parents house for a brunch and gift opening.. That isnt an option here, but his family is asking what our plan is for that. Folks, Im planning the wedding, anything after that, someone else is gonna have to take care of! But I think being awake in the middle of the night, especially when we're not in the best of health, is normal. And working on wedding plans then, is normal too :) I still need to finish my lists for the day of. I really need to get with our photog, but we feel HORRIBLE bothering him, his wife has been battling cancer , and they just went back for a check up and its back AGAIN , now in her lungs.She'll be starting chemo for the 3rd time. He says he is planning on doing our wedding still, but  I feel awful for needing to get together with him to schedule for day of, or get the info for the alternate he's set up for us in case he cant be there. Her health is way more important than our wedding pics, but we still really want to know what the plan is , know what i mean? He is a professional but he is also someone we know outside of his business, so it makes it a bit more personal . I feel like my answer for everything is " i dont know" and ive been planning for a year!!!
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am in in the same boat! Its 5 days out and I can't sleep through the night.  I wake up and think about the list of stuff that still needs done and start panicking.  I haven't had a good nights sleep in probably at least 2 weeks. Thankfully, today is my last day at work before the wedding.  I'll have more time to accomplish everything and maybe (hopefully) sleep well. 

Good Luck with everything ladies! 
  • i havent been completely unable to sleep, but ive been waking up several times a night and getting up at around 5:30 am. im trying to remind myself that there isnt that much left to do aside from showing up at the required time. all else is just gravy. im trying to let go of the idea that every detail will go exactly as i plan/hope. instead, i am trying to focus on the idea that my wedding is going to happen, regardless of what details are overlooked or messed up. when i look at it that way, it helps me relax.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with you! Haven't been sleeping but have surely been eating and eating and eating! What a way to show up for your wedding: bloated, grouchy and droopy faced from lack of sleep.

I say: let's try to focus on the positive and remember that we will stress the next several days but we must slow down to enjoy the BIG day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I havent had too much trouble sleeping yet but I'm trying to not stress much. Should I be taking a few days off before the wedding?  I'm just taking the day of which is next Friday off.  Everything is already done besides my nails and hair color.  Which I'm doing hair color Thursday night-nails Friday in the morning.  Thats about it!  Am I missing something??? Everyone here is also asking me if I need to take at least another day or two off but i just dont see what for?? What do you guys think? We get married at 7:30pm on the 10th so I have all day. We have our rehearsal this Sat. morning(only time that venue allowed) then the rehearsal dinner that evening at our house. So..its all coming together!  Just breathe guys..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_19-days-am-still-awake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:53b0f432-4e2d-463b-bb5a-c86a1265a625Post:f3b63f4a-d7e6-4640-8a71-999d4d9ac5ab">Re: 19 days and I am still awake....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I havent had too much trouble sleeping yet but I'm trying to not stress much. Should I be taking a few days off before the wedding?  I'm just taking the day of which is next Friday off.  Everything is already done besides my nails and hair color.  Which I'm doing hair color Thursday night-nails Friday in the morning.  Thats about it!  Am I missing something??? Everyone here is also asking me if I need to take at least another day or two off but i just dont see what for?? What do you guys think? We get married at 7:30pm on the 10th so I have all day. We have our rehearsal this Sat. morning(only time that venue allowed) then the rehearsal dinner that evening at our house. So..its all coming together!  Just breathe guys..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)
    Posted by jalafa[/QUOTE]

i think most of us envy your comfort level right now. as for me, i know i am stressing over nothing. all of the major things i needed to get done are finished. the rest are minor details that i stress over because thats just the way i am.

im leaving to get to my destination 5 days before the wedding. this will give me time to get all the nitty gritty done without having to transport lots of fragile stuff (i'm making my own reception centerpieces). plus, i am meeting with family and friends from out of town. for your wedding, i would take the day before and/or the day after off. but really, the decision is yours to make
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd take the day before off because I'd be surprised if you don't need it, but you certainly deserve it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Well this thread reminded me I CAN'T SLEEP now lol. I woke up at 2:30...watched the clock for nearly an hour then got up and showered. We were going to wake up at 5:30 to head to Tampa by 6:30 to get down to the courthouse by 8am to do our marriage license. Then I have to meet my one BM at my grams house for her final fitting before the hand stiching of her dress can be done. Then hair and make up trial (that was scheduled yesterday but miscommunication on their end led it to today with $20 off lol)

Only freak out is the silk flowers we got...some stems are just falling off so I have to work magic with super glue and a paint brush....and the flowers are not sitting JUST RIGHT so FI kept moving them at the venue last night while we did our demo set up. So I have that big project to work on.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards