Hawaii

And a WR post: Accessories!

What are you doing for jewellery?
Purse?
Shoes?

Are you doing the old/new/borrowed/blue?

Re: And a WR post: Accessories!

• McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am stuck on the borrowed/blue. I am not sure if I will do this or not. I am also stuck on my jewelry. I found a simple necklace and drop pearl earrings but I am not sure I love them. But shoes and bag were easy found and love them quickly.

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are my earrings:

I haven't found my bracelet yet...hoping for that to maybe be something borrowed.  I'm not going to wear a necklace because it would be too much, that's why I bought statement earrings :)  My something blue is either panties, or I was thinking about getting a tag sewn in my dress that has our names and wedding date in blue.  Blue flowers were another thought.  Haven't figured out a purse yet, but I am going to DIY my shoes!  I'm just going to get flip flops and glue rhinestones on them and a starfish charm as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to purchase some earings and necklace probably of the crystal variety.  No purse and not sure what shoes to wear. At first I thought I'd go barefoot, but since we are doing something after the ceremony I will need shoes.  Not doing the something old, blue thing.  I just don't want to be bothered with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't find any of my jewelry...... well I've found some earings I like but haven't committed yet : ). The bracelet is stumping me - I want to find someting that is a pearl/rhinestone mix but haven't found anything that is exactly what I'm looking for.

McBeags - where did you get your purse???? That is exactly what I'm looking for in the exact color??

Something new is pretty much everything I'll be wearing LOL, Something borrowed and something blue could be the same thing - My grandmother, who passed away a few years ago had a blue wedgewood jewelry set, I'm going to put one of the earings through the ribbon on the bouquet...... suttle way she can be there with me. Not a clue about the something old???
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cryssv,

I actually found it here from another bride. It is a JCrew purse. I looked everywhere ebay you name and couldn't find it. What day is your wedding. I think you are a week after me. My date is May 3rd. If you can't find anything you like I would be happy to FedEx to you or your hotel/wedding coordinator.
  • edited December 2011
    Really neat idea about tying one of your Grandmother's earrings in your boquet!  I love that.. 

My jewelry is ivory freshwater pearl with ab crystals- i do have a matching set of earrings, bracelet and necklace, but not sure if I am going to wear the necklace or not.. trying to keep the look very simple, but yet I do want a little jewelry..  My something blue is "personalized" panties.  The writing is in a light blue.  Not sure on the something old yet. I will be going barefoot for the wedding, but for after I have irridescent orange flip flops and a matching purse..

I did a lot of "searching" for pearl and crystal jewelry and found a great deal on weddingfactorydirect.com if anyone is interested in looking on there it would be well worth it.. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with crystals and pearls for my jewelry.  My dress is full of crystals, so it's really sparkly in real life and I didn't want to get rhinestones, they just wouldn't look right.  I started searching and had a hard time finding stuff that I really liked, I felt like some of it looked like my dog could have made it - until I found Tigerlilly Jewelry.  They are just a 2 or 3 girls that hand make everything and their pieces are SO gorgeous in person.  I figured since they were priced affordably that I would get one piece just to see the quality and I fell in love! 

My shoes are turquoise with rhinestones on the heel.  Not comfortable at all, but I love them! 

I don't have a garter yet and don't know if I am going to get one.  We aren't doing the bouquet toss or garter toss but I may get one just because I am only getting married once - so I may as well do it up! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_wr-post-accessories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:cccadded-f08a-4ba7-a886-51ebcd89d480Post:87b106c8-6156-404e-ba47-5263b2d9a405">Re: And a WR post: Accessories!</a>:
    [QUOTE]cryssv, I actually found it here from another bride. It is a JCrew purse. I looked everywhere ebay you name and couldn't find it. What day is your wedding. I think you are a week after me. My date is May 3rd. If you can't find anything you like I would be happy to FedEx to you or your hotel/wedding coordinator.
    Posted by McBeags[/QUOTE]

I'm May 19th .... that's awesome!! I'll definitely consider it and get back to you for sure.

Thanks for the offer!!
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's about an hour later and I cant' stop thinking about how perfect the purse it..... I have these pinups on my dress (one in the front and one in the back) that almost match the flower on the front perfectly. How can we make this work LOL
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sending you a PM
  • edited December 2011
    I love it when exchanges like this happen!

So.. I'm allergic to most metals and didn't want to buy anything I would end up reacting to... so I ended up wearing my great grandmother's gold and aquamarine necklace (even though it didn't match at all), I don't have pierced ears, and I didn't have a bracelet. In retrospect, I really wish I'd glammed up some more. =S
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a link to my shoes and jewelry http://www.mywedding.com/savvylittlebride/custom2.html
     So far I have 'blue' and 'new' covered :) Still trying to figure out 'old' and 'borrowed' those are tough.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, my shoes...

I have no idea about purse or jewelry or veil or hairpiece (real flowers maybe?)...sigh.  I have a feeling the next 4 months will be busy ones!
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tanq and tonic,

I am loving those blinged out belts. One would look amazing with your dress. 

Love the shoes by the way.
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tanq&Tonic - My dress is similar in that I have zero bling on it. Our dresses are fairly close in look from the waist up. I actually really like that about my dress and don't want to go over board and would like to keep it simple with only one "blingy piece". My vision is to have my hair 1/2 down with a veil and orchid. My earing would be the "blingy" piece and then a delicate rhinestone/pearl bracelet (which seems to be the hardest thing to find for me). No necklace.

McBeags - I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the PM's but I didn't get it?
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love reading about what everyone is doing. 

You can see a lot of what I am doing here: http://kimmyanddrew.weebly.com/bride.html

My mom and I will be making my veil. I'm still trying to figure out if I am going to do fresh flowers in my hair or have my girlfriend make me something.

My necklace I got on etsy and it has our wedding colors and pearls in it.  It's made from vintage beads and I just love it.  I bought it before I knew we were getting married and had no idea what I would wear it for. 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear the earrings I was wearing the night I met FI.  They are aquamarine and I've had them for a while so they would fit something old and something blue. Once my dress is finished being made I'll know for sure if the earrings are right.

My shoes I also found before I knew we were getting married. It's just one of those things you know you have to have, but don't know why. 

I too am using an earring that was my great grandmother's to attach to my bouquet.  I'm going to try and attach a necklace that was my great grandma's, as well.  Just need to figure out how to attach the necklace.

Haven't found the purse, yet.  I'd like something vintage.  Maybe with coral embroidered on it or something along those lines. 
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I forgot about the borrowed section!!

I will be wearing my grandma's wedding rings on my right hand, and I will have a diamond & sapphire pin that I inherited from my other grandma which will be on my bouquet rap.  I also have a really pretty sheer white  hankerchief with silver embroidery on it that my Grandma carried in her wedding - when she passed on no one wanted it so I grabbed it thinking of the future! 

And then I am going to have my Grandpa's dog tags from WWII, and a tie tack from my favorite uncle who passed a few years ago.  He was my Godfather and I really want him to be present at our wedding so I am going to pin his tie tack either in my dress or on the bouquet. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards