New York-New York City

Venue Cancelled!

Hello! Were any other knotties planning a wedding at Twenty Four Fifth? I had signed a contract in July 2012 for my June 1, 2013 wedding. They called yesterday to say they're losing the lease, and they can host me at Bridgewaters. I think it is a lovely venue, but a totally different feel. Should I make the 'easy' change and have it at Bridgewaters, or should I look elsewhere? I am hesitant to still give them my business. Of course, this was really devistating news for me ... ! 

Re: Venue Cancelled!

• Oh my God. Thanks for sharing. I'm having mine there in Feb. I haven't received a call. Did they tell you when they are losing their lease?

• Hmm. They told me January. Perhaps you should call?
  • To clairify, it is Twenty Four Fifth who is cancelling - not Bridgewaters! 
  • Hi
    I got the same news. I am checking out Bridgewaters on Thurs. And some people have recommended looking at 3 West and the Yale Club. You?
  • Congradulations on your engagement and I am sorry to hear about youe venue cancelation. I am a Wedding Planner at the Grand Prospect hall in Brooklyn, N.Y and I would like to invite you to come take a look at our hall to host your wedding. If you are interested please give me a call at 718-788-0777 and ask for Michael D. Thanks and congratulations again.
  • What did you decide? I am moving to bridgewaters. It is lovely and will be a great value.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards