African American Weddings
Options

what went wrong?

Hi ladies,
I know I have been lurking more than posting these days  but I need advice from the recently married ladies. Most of you commented that some things went wrong even though you had a great wedding day. Can you please share some of your wedding moments that did not go well. I mean things that we can control obviously. if it rains, there is nothing we can do about it!! LOL! Please based on your experience, give some advice to your sisters who will be walking down the aisle in the next few months.
Thanks!

Re: what went wrong?

• Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though I'm getting married in a few weeks, a friend of mine who got married last year gave me some useful advice. Be sure to go over your contracts again with your vendors. My friend ordered a 4-tier wedding cake and got a 3-tier. She was very upset and when she spoke to the vendor, they stated that their contract said 3 while hers said 4.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Way way wayyyyy too many things!
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Make sure that you know how to bustle your dress and that you can explain it to others. Also, make sure your new hubby doesn't step on your bustle during your entrance (mine did).

Discuss any questions you have with your vendors before you write a check. That way you know exactly what services you are getting (and make sure it is written down).

• Options
    lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure someone saves you a plate of food. I was so busy talking with everyone, I didn't have a chance to pull my DOC to the side and tell her to save me a couple of bites of food. I didn't realize how hungry I was until we arrived at our hotel and we ended up ordering Jimmy John's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Options
    gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_went-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:229d2bbd-c1e3-47df-a0a0-617c0b495e5aPost:b69a41af-3d51-4541-90b2-6886715fe1b9">Re: what went wrong?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Way way wayyyyy too many things!
    Posted by Mypasmita[/QUOTE]

Pasma, you make me freak out! LOL! I cannot wait to find out more about all those things that went wrong! Please update your blog with juicy details! LOL!
  • Options
    gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards