• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2010 Weddings

Priceline.com

Has anyone one used Name Your Own Price on Priceline.com? DH and I are going to a concert this weekend with his cousin and one of her friends. Since the concert is Sunday night (and OOT for us) we were all going to share a hotel room. I was thinking of naming my own price to find a hotel but I've never done it before and it makes me nervous.

Think I'll be ok using it?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Priceline.com

• i have not tried it, but have you looked into/ever tried hotwire.com? we have gotten a few 4-star hotels for like $60/night through them, and my friends have gotten a 5-star hotel in downtown cleveland for like $80/night. you dont get to pick which hotel, but they show you a region and you pick the region closest to your concert, then accept, and they tell you what hotel it will be. it's pretty awesome!
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    **Planning Bio**

• Never done Hotwire but it sounds similar to priceline. I guess it just makes me nervous not knowing what hotel it will be until after the non-refundable reservation has been made.

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• that's true. it made us nervous at first too, but we haven't been let down yet :)
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    **Planning Bio**

• Lauren, I use "Name your own price" for work ALL the time and we get 4 star hotels for ridiculous prices... I highly recommend it! Where is the concert? Is it a major city?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Angela - It's in Hartford, CT. We're only going to be there one night and I know it doesn't REALLY matter but it's scary nonetheless! I also don't even know where to begin in terms of making a bid

• It isn't really that scary... I do it a few times a week and have had great success... PM me if you want me to help you and I see what I can do =)
  • I highly recommend the name your own price for hotels. We use it all the time.   We've gotten 3 and 4 star hotels in Cleveland (the Hyatt at the Old Arcade), Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis and Milwaukee for under $50 (usually between $35 and $40).    My family uses it for Chicago all the time-  and they rarely spend more than $75 a night for the Hilton Towers (the one on Michigan and Congress, right across from grant park), the Hyatt on Wacker (Michigan Ave and Wacker) and the Holiday Inn at Merchandise Mart (nicest out of the three mentioned, actually!)

You can check www.betterbidding.com to see what hotels you will be bidding for, and what people recently bid (and what rating level) for hotels in the area you are interested in.   Feel free to e-mail me if you have any other questions! ellen73 at mac dot com
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • I did it!! Scary but not bad for my first time...3 star for $60. Works for me! Especially since it's being split 4ways!

• Lauren, I'm proud of you! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards