Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

for anyone who partied after the reception...

For girls who went out to clubs/lounges after your reception, did you keep your gown on, or change into a party dress?  I like the idea of changing into a cute white party dress, but I still want to feel like a bride as long as I can!  Any suggestions??
"That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***

Re: for anyone who partied after the reception...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was actually leaning on purchasing a dress that would could be worn out after the recption into the clubs.  I also want to feel like a bride for as long as possible! 

I am curious to find out what other knotties are doing...

I think just because its vegas- you can get away with wearing your dress out if you feel like it!  Only in Vegas can you do anything you want!!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of cute short bridal gowns now, you should check into them, might be fun to have 2 dresses!
    79 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen some cute short white dresses that would still be very "bridal." Personally, I love my dress so much, and after spending as much money as I will be... I'll be wearing it as long as possible!
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to wear my dress as long as possible.  Our goal is to stay out all night and go to brunch in our wedding attire.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought a white cocktail dress at White House/Black Market for just such a thing.  But I ended up staying in my gown all night.  Was a lot of fun to have people congradulate and randomly toast us.

Also, at one place, we ran into a bachelor party that was doing a scavenger hunt.  One of the guys had on his list "Take a picture with a bride."  That was fun :)

Now, I'm holding on to my short dress to wear during our cruise in March.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-partied-after-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0181bfd8-0891-4dd7-b1a6-c4d53099c5a3Post:584288ea-c0c5-46fc-941a-2bab36d1f866">Re: for anyone who partied after the reception...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan to wear my dress as long as possible.  Our goal is to stay out all night and go to brunch in our wedding attire.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    I like that goal!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i plan on buying a short white dress.  i've given myself a $150 price limit though.  that way, if i don't end up wearing it, i won't be kicking myself for wasting money.  although, i can always wear a short white dress on the honeymoon i suppose - depending on the style
  • Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My seamstress is going to make the bottom portion ofmy dress removable. This way I wil still be wearing my dress but will be able to move and party it up! She showed me a few she was working on and they were amazing. I am really excited about this!
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW, my dress is a Maggie Sottero "Milana" (without straps). We will be leaving the tulle (spelling) hanging out a bit to make it more fun when it is shortened. :)
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    sunkissed364sunkissed364 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is little and I guess it would  be consideed a "reception" dress but Its also my ceremony dress :) Its Vegas so I figured why not! My dress looks just like this. So it will be perfect to go out in after the reception. p.s. this picture was a random one I found and loved the bride's look.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have definatly thought about getting a short dress I want to hit up the clubs afterwards. And I do not want to worry about being stepped on/ tripping/ spilled on.
    My ideas so far:

• Options
    ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I have been looking for a party dress for so long and been unable to find one I like that isn't strapless (I look horrible in strapless) and is still in my very low price range, so I finally decide that if I still want one, I am just going to use a pattern and make one (I sew quite a bit).  But befre I go throuhg the trouble of making it, I wanted to check and see what most of you are doing.  I LOVE my wedding dress, but  it's a mermaid gown, so it's not very easy to move around in.

Lilmissscareall - I love that second dress! I just wish it had straps!  I plan on doing a black sash too.
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing my dress out after the reception. :)
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought this reception dress last night and I'm in love with it!  I too want to wear my wedding dress as much as possible, so I'll wear it probably about 2 hours or so into the In-Suite, change into this one at that point so Todd can take some pics before he leaves, then wear it out.  I plan to wear some kind of bridal head piece so hopefully that will make me look more bridal, and all our guests will be dressed up, wedding party in their attire, which should make people realize I'm the bride/it's our wedding etc.  It's taffeta which I'm a fan of, and just love it, the fit everything.  Cute dresses ladies!  And if I choose not to change for some reason, I'll totally wear it again.

On me:

On another bride:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought a 50's style little white dress with polka dots on it to change into after dinner. The polka dots are in my wedding colour of fushia which matches my shoes. I wasn't planning on buying another dress but I saw this in a store and kept an eye on it until it went on sale!

@ginamarie- I saw a dress very similar to that one with a halter neck in organza/tulle (not sure but see throughish) on the lightinthebox website. I don't think it had the sash but that could easily be added. i think it was under $100 from memory.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on bringing a little wihte dress to go out in but I will be in my wedding gown for a long time before I change.
  • Options
    kareevankareevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did indeed wear my wedding dress for the entire reception and then changed into a short white party dress to go out and around the strip...it was much easier that way. I actually got my dress at Nordstroms during prom season
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Sara, that dress is HOT! Love it!

I'm wearing mine for as long as possible... partying into the night! You only get to wear it once so might as well make the most of it, and the attention.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on wearing my wedding dress after, but it is short so will not be too much hassle.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like to wear mine out all night however it has to be in "good shape" for our AHR where we will be doing more pictures:(.  I haven't started looking yet but I do think I will be purchasing something to wear out that night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-partied-after-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0181bfd8-0891-4dd7-b1a6-c4d53099c5a3Post:584288ea-c0c5-46fc-941a-2bab36d1f866">Re: for anyone who partied after the reception...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan to wear my dress as long as possible.  Our goal is to stay out all night and go to brunch in our wedding attire.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

<div>YOU ARE VERY BRAVE :-))))</div><div>
    </div><div>I plan on keeping the dress on all night. In case I change my mind I'll walk over to the fashion show mall and buy something there, once we get to Vegas.</div>
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing mine for as long as possible!! we don't plan on staying out ALL night though.  It's the one night I'm going to get to wear it (other than my AHR, which won't be as special), so I want to wear it as long as I possibly can!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-partied-after-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0181bfd8-0891-4dd7-b1a6-c4d53099c5a3Post:c32159ef-0630-4fa3-a238-0cf2af7e7037">Re: for anyone who partied after the reception...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: for anyone who partied after the reception... : YOU ARE VERY BRAVE :-)))) I plan on keeping the dress on all night. In case I change my mind I'll walk over to the fashion show mall and buy something there, once we get to Vegas.
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]

Not so much.  I'm not going to wear the dress again so why not?  Hopefully it will be clean enough for a donation but I'm not overly worried. 
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    Lucee00Lucee00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck. We passed out by midnight on our wedding night!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smokey, you are brave to try and stay up the whole night, I am a baby that starts yawning at 9... I am going to try to stay up!!! But I DEFINITELY wouldn't be able to stay up until brunch time !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-partied-after-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0181bfd8-0891-4dd7-b1a6-c4d53099c5a3Post:ac56f900-6cb0-418f-bc49-d8170a4f5cfd">Re: for anyone who partied after the reception...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Smokey, you are brave to try and stay up the whole night, I am a baby that starts yawning at 9... I am going to try to stay up!!! But I DEFINITELY wouldn't be able to stay up until brunch time !
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Granted, the last time that Mark and I went out in Vegas we stumbled in at 4.  Not sure if we can go the whole night but we're gonna try. I have done the all nighter thing in Vegas (where I went to breakfast in last night's clothes) just twice.

The key is a good night's sleep the night before and pacing on the booze.  Either pace it all night long or switch to water at some point.  If we are gambling, we'll definitely be sobering up.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My body has this weird thing where my eyes spring open at 9 am and get 200 pounds at 9 pm... I can never sleep in I hate it! But I am hoping I will be so excited that I will not get too tired... or maybe... 5 hour energy :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-partied-after-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0181bfd8-0891-4dd7-b1a6-c4d53099c5a3Post:d3b2e59e-cf44-4fd9-8ca8-88b229957e87">Re: for anyone who partied after the reception...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My body has this weird thing where my eyes spring open at 9 am and get 200 pounds at 9 pm... I can never sleep in I hate it! But I am hoping I will be so excited that I will not get too tired... or maybe... 5 hour energy :D
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Methinks someone needs to get into training for Las Vegas.

Stay up one two three four
    take a nap two three four
    Go to bed at four three four
    Back to naps!
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-partied-after-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0181bfd8-0891-4dd7-b1a6-c4d53099c5a3Post:4d34b794-0647-4555-a8f8-801fbd1208a8">Re: for anyone who partied after the reception...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Sara, that dress is HOT! Love it! I'm wearing mine for as long as possible... partying into the night! You only get to wear it once so might as well make the most of it, and the attention.
    Posted by saccers[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards