Washington-Seattle
Options

Tourist recs for OOT guests

Happy non-denominational gift-giving holiday everybody! Tongue out

I'm putting together the web page with stuff to do for OOT guests and looking for ideas. When people come and visit what sort of trips do you suggest to them? I already have a few listed, but I'm curious what other people find interesting.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!

Re: Tourist recs for OOT guests

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did that.  I put the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the Waterfront, Bumbershoot ('cause I'm getting married that weekend), Ride the Duck and Alki. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of the ladies on the Seattle Knot has gone through and put together a Seattle tourist bio thing with all kinds of stuff in it. You could page her over there, she might actually have a link in her siggy for it.

Her sn is Gakester.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always suggest the Underground Tour for tourists (and non-tourists)!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Snoqualmie Falls, visit Fremont (see the troll!), ride the monorail, eat some excellent seafood (list your fave spots), go to the Locks, eat at Diick's (umm, it's making me edit Diick's... lame!), ride a ferry - either to Bainbridge or Bremerton, visit Alki

Our fave Pike Place trip is to go earlier in the am (like 10), and we go to Piroshky Piroshky, then down the street from there to get humbows at the little humbow stand, then we cross and go through the market and finish off with a sticky bun at the bakery.  Mmmmmm.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_tourist-recs-oot-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:6d918e2b-7928-4b1d-9233-f8407670d1c2Post:db3f9f73-81c8-4998-96d2-cfa15a1a1395">Re: Tourist recs for OOT guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]Diick's (umm, it's making me edit Diick's... lame!),
    Posted by carrieoz_76[/QUOTE]

If only they had named the place "Richard's". :)

Thanks for all these suggestions. I keep forgetting about all the silly stuff in Fremont: the troll, Lenin, there's some sort of "spaceship", and on Sunday they have a pretty good street market.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards