Virginia
Options

Rehearsal Dinner help in Richmond VA

Maybe I left this until too late to plan but I did not think making reservation for the rehearsal dinner would be too big of a deal but then I started calling restaurants for a Friday July 13th rehearsal dinner for 20 - 25 people that is not too expensive. No one will take that large of a group reservation on a Friday night. Jeez, when else do Saturday weddings have a rehearsal. Any suggestions? Time is running out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rehearsal Dinner help in Richmond VA

• Options
    Which restaurants did you call? I'm very surprised they wouldn't take a reservation. That's just crazy. What price range are you thinking? Area of town?

Try Bottom's Up, Kona Grill (friends are doing their 30 person RD there), Maggiano's, Europa has a downstairs lounge they can make private, Hard Shell has a side room, Tony's Italian at Cox and Three Chopt is VERY affordable, LeMaire has private rooms, The Boathouse, Julep's, 525 at Berry Burk just hosted a 25 person party....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_rehearsal-dinner-help-in-richmond-va?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:aed7dae8-6bb0-4344-96f7-2839c1a38421Post:b0259bb5-432e-4d9b-b317-784d97626407">Re: Rehearsal Dinner help in Richmond VA</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which restaurants did you call? I'm very surprised they wouldn't take a reservation. That's just crazy. What price range are you thinking? Area of town? Try Bottom's Up, Kona Grill (friends are doing their 30 person RD there), Maggiano's, Europa has a downstairs lounge they can make private, Hard Shell has a side room, Tony's Italian at Cox and Three Chopt is VERY affordable, LeMaire has private rooms, The Boathouse, Julep's, 525 at Berry Burk just hosted a 25 person party....
    Posted by tammyfa[/QUOTE]

We are trying to keep the cost down to around way less than 20 dollars per person. We want to be on Southside and I tried Sedona Tap House, Olive Garden and also the new Buz and Neds in the west end. We did not really want to have people over at someone's house but pricewise that may end up the cheapest route. Price is our real sticking point. We are paying for everything in our wedding ourselves and this extra 4 - 500 is killing us. We may try catering it but even then it is still up there. Tony's was reasonable catered but still $345, Buz and Ned's was slightly better at $225. Thanks for the suggestions, Tony's is a good option for italian. Off to research more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Capital Ale House is in Midlo-you could do heavy apps instead of full on dinner. I think they offer that. They have an upstairs area with booths and tables.
    Also, have a cash bar instead of open.
     I've also seen people get two tickets for their first drinks and then you pay the rest on your own.
    You may also have to give up the idea of a private room for budget and accomodating.
    I love Juleps but it's a little pricy...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards