Florida-Central Florida

First Photographer Meeting!!

I am about to go meet with our first photographer!!  I am very excited!!!  Aside from venue this is our very first vendor meeting!!!  Things are getting excited!!!

Any suggestions for important questions I should ask my photog?  Anything you thought of after the fact that you thought "I wish I had asked that!!"?

Re: First Photographer Meeting!!

• edited December 2011
    see if they bring a second photog with them the day of. Ask if you get eth rights to all the images etc. Ask to look at a sample of a wedding from start to finish, anyone can show you a few goods pics from each wedding. Ask about turn around time for images and albums etc. Ask what pictures they are used to taking and what they make sure to include at each wedding. umm I'm sure there are more questions.

Who are you meeting with?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_first-photographer-meeting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:1dd6c690-f226-4a2c-a6d8-1ae0fce1a2c4Post:35a6f39c-3386-4c82-a867-a1a44c5a8ce9">Re: First Photographer Meeting!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]see if they bring a second photog with them the day of. Ask if you get eth rights to all the images etc. Ask to look at a sample of a wedding from start to finish, anyone can show you a few goods pics from each wedding. Ask about turn around time for images and albums etc. Ask what pictures they are used to taking and what they make sure to include at each wedding. umm I'm sure there are more questions. Who are you meeting with?
    Posted by mlharbis[/QUOTE]

<div>This. Also, as you go through the planning process you'll think of things you want to be sure you have photographed - things that are unique and special to you and your families. Make a list of these as you go along so you don't forget anything, and your photogs will be able to work it in.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd also recommend asking about the different types of albums they offer. Our photogs had two different kinds of flush-mount albums, but thankfully the less-expensive one is the one that appealed to us the most. They should be able to explain the pros/cons of whatever albums they do offer (like if the pages will peel or crack over time or anything like that). </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm nosy, too. Who are you meeting with? Are you the ones working with Fat Catz too? :) </div>
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, not Fat Catz.  We met with Marlyn from Photography by Marlyn.  She was very nice.  Next week we are meeting with Chris Gillyard and Alison Epps.  =)

Thanks for the ideas, ladies!!!  =)
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to ask them what the back up plan is in the event of illness, family emergency, etc.
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good call!!  This photographer lists it in her contract, but that's a good idea in case the others I am meeting with don't!  I didn't even think of that!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Marlyn!!!! I LOVE her! Check out her facebook page- you can see recent weddings she has done too in addition to the album she shows you in her meeting.
  • edited December 2011
    Marlyn just sent me an e-mail with all of these infor sheets and stuff to fill out so she knows who all she needs to get in the pictures and itinerary etc. She is so organized and I am so confident that she will get all of the pictures I want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards