Wisconsin

Photographer needed!

I am on my fifth photgrapher referral because all of the previous photographers were already booked on my wedding day in August of thsi year! Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Photographer needed!

• jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Craigslist
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try the photographer we're using: Rita Baumann
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would say craigslist. That's where I found mine. Where are you getting married?
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Mia Stevens of Mia's Photo - www.miasphoto.com or miasphoto.blogspot.com. 

Here are a few of our e-pics.  We are REALLY happy with her.  Not only is she a ton of fun, but her turnaround is super quick, she's really reasonable and she's awesome at editing.

Hope this helps!

~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    Look into Realife Photography from Port Washington.  Go to www.realifephotos.com. We booked them for our wedding in July and I love their work!
  • jnnfrpwlnskjnnfrpwlnsk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our's is so nice and the pics are beautiful!!
    Lasting Memories
    www.photobylm.com
    Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Adam Tykinski and were very happy with him and the pictures he took. 

http://www.adamtphotography.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://chinese.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_photographer-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:f4f572cc-a318-4e3f-a207-7c5e3caf766dPost:eb3458ee-b50e-45d5-8b59-79666cf87be3">Photographer needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am on my fifth photgrapher referral because all of the previous photographers were already booked on my wedding day in August of thsi year! Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Posted by alessner[/QUOTE]

If you go the craigslist route, be very cautious.  There are many people on there who "own a fancy camera" and have no idea how to use it or the experience to shoot a wedding.  That's not to say that you can't find a great photographer on there ...

Just make sure you do your research on them (see full shoots, read over every word of their contract, etc.).

I used Jessica Quist Photography, loved her and her photos!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with KB Image....Kim is pretty good if she is booked she will ask her other photog friends who is available. 

www.kbimagephoto.com

Edit Kim is more than pretty good...she did my brother's wedding and there were so many compliments and she just has that great/fun personality.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    Unless your budget is very small, skip craigslist. Ask your wedding venue if they have any recommendations. If you've already gone the venue route, talk to a wedding planner - they should be well connected with good local professional photographers. You could also try wpja.com or ispwp.com. 

T
  • edited December 2011
    I used Craig John.  I have a post about him below. :)  He's wonderful.  He's the link if you don't feel like scrolling.

Good luck!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Nicholas Norbert Photography. His wife Katie is doing our photos. She is fairly new, but is absolutely amazing! She has really great prices right now as she tries to build a clientele. She was by far the cheapet we could find and so far we have been astonished by her work. Our engagement photos ALL turned out fabulous!
    imagePhotobucket image
    [IMG]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/katyj25/Uni8.jpg[/IMG]
    *TTC since 10/09. Last Depo 7/09
    *Me-31 DH-32
    *HSG and all bloodwork 11/11 all clear
    *50 mg Clomid/trigger/IUI #1 2/18/12, 1 scrambled egg @ 28mm, DH 111 mil. post wash! = BFFN :(
    *The wait is finally over! My husband is home! Deployments suck!
    *7-8/12 - surprise BFP! Beta came in at 2, confirmed CP.
    *8-9/12 - 50 mg Clomid/trigger/TI/prog., 1 follie @ 22mm = BFN
    *9/12 - Femara/estradoil/TI = cycle cancelled, poor response
    *10/12 - Femara/Follistim/Trigger/IUI #2 = Triggered, but cancelled IUI and changed to TI due to poor response = BFN
    *12/12 - cancelled and on BCP due to 2 large cysts found
    *1/13 - Follistim/Ovidrel/Progesterone/IUI #2 = BFP!!! EDD 10/16/13
    Beta #1 - 18, progesterone 37.5, Beta #2 - 29, Beta #3 - 27
    FU IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *2/13 Switched REs and IUI #3 is pending for March.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Blog: When things go wrong
  • jackiejungjackiejung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly reccommend Katie Toman Photography, we booked our entire day for under $2,000 and her portfolio was just what we were looking for- modern candid with a touch of traditional.

Her site is www.katietomanphotography.com

Congratulations!
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joe Hang!  He is great if you want a unique candid style, and very affordable.  Our engagements are on his archives in Sept 10.
    www.joehang.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A&A Photography did my November wedding. Amy and Andy were awesome and I LOVE our pictures.
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tati Shirasaki out of Horicon.
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • maggielynn07maggielynn07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did you find a photographer yet?? I am a bride and photographer :) If you haven't found one yet I would love to talk to you to see if I have your date open :)

here is my website: www.mlphotoanddesign.com
    and email: info@mlphotoanddesign.com

if you have any questions (even if you aren't going to book with me) I would love to help you out!!

Maggie
  • edited December 2011
  • abshoreabshore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a GREAT photographer. I was just speaking with him about his availability for later this summer and fall. I do know he has a couple dates open in August. He is definitley worth a call. Good luck!

BradRyanPhotography.com

Aimee
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Salty Peanut Photography is ours, and I love her.  She's amazing and so great to work with.

http://www.thesaltypeanutphotography.com/
    http://www.thesaltypeanut.com/

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • stephandfattystephandfatty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Everlasting Moments Photography
    www.everlastingmomentsphotography.webs.com
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_photographer-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:f4f572cc-a318-4e3f-a207-7c5e3caf766dPost:1f97a238-2656-4828-98d6-65e6efc30240">Re: Photographer needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nicholas Norbert Photography. His wife Katie is doing our photos. She is fairly new, but is absolutely amazing! She has really great prices right now as she tries to build a clientele. She was by far the cheapet we could find and so far we have been astonished by her work. Our engagement photos ALL turned out fabulous!
    Posted by katyj25[/QUOTE]

This, although we're using Nick. My jaw dropped when I saw some of his pictures.
    November 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Me & FI

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards