Options

I chose my bridesmaid dresses

so now i what I have done
- Venue booked
- Church reserved
- DJ reserved
- Photographer reserved and paid for in full
- My Dress
- Save The Dates done )just need to send them out)
and now today i chose my bridesmaid dresses here is a look at them

What have you ladies done and what do you still have to do
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses

• Options
    I have:
    Church booked
    Reception booked
    photgrapher booked
    Dj booked
    Photobooth booked
    and We are getting engagement pics taken this weekend!!

You are ahead of the game. I am not going bridesmaid dress shopping until May when I go home.
    YA! Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Woo congrats!! I really like that dress. Are you doing the latte color (that's what first shows up for me!)?

I have...
    Church reserved (but we need to go through the Catholic pre-wedding process still)
    Reception Hall
    Photographer
    Videographer
    DJ/Photobooth/Lighting
    Put a deposit on the florist (still need to iron out details/designs)
    My Dress
    Save the Dates printed (still need to work on addressing and sending)
    Hair stylist - will be done by our close family friend and since she's "in the industry" she's on the lookout for a reliable, good airbrush artist because I think that's what I want to try for make up.

Phew! Can't believe we're finally in THE year! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Options
    button6004button6004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    I have:
    -my dress/veil/headpiece/shoes/earrings purchased
    -bridesmaid dresses ordered (sale at jcrew)
    -save the dates printed
    -venue reserved
    -hair
    -officiant

We havent met with DJs and we havent finalized the photographer yet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Congrats on choosing the dresses!

So far I have:
    Church and Reception Booked-Dillard University in New Orleans
    DJ booked and was FREE- He's my daughters Godfather and works for the radio here
    Cakes-Picked out and taken care of
    Photographer-Booked and almost paid in full
    Flowers-picked out-I'm getting them from SAM'S CLUB!
    My dress-Paid in full SAMPLES sales are the BOMB! I got a $2300 dress for $299! 
    Bridesmaids dresses picked out and will be ordered in February 
    My MOH's are going to wear all black, my maids are going to wear all black with the blush bodice and my jr maids (my niece, daughter and stepdaughter) I can't decide what they should be in My colors are Black, Ivory and Blush...hmmmm
    My Makeup Artist is booked and halfway paid off
    We take engagement pics in May
    We are doing STD's by next month
    And that is it sooo far!
  • Options
    Congrats to everyone's checks!

I have:
    - ceremony/reception site booked
    - limo booked
    - photographer booked
    - mobile hair and makeup booked
    - my dress is ordered
    - MOH and bridesmaids have all picked their dresses, we are just waiting till the end of February to order for no tax
    - save the dates have been ordered and are being finished this week
    - invitations have been sorted, we just need to wait until June to order
    - engagement pics in June
    - First Look photos are booked for the morning of the wedding
    - I have booked a block of hotel rooms at a local hotel
    - DJ is booked
    - I know what I want for favours but haven't ordered them yet because we are selling our house and I don't want them lost in the move
    - FI and I have chosen linens, centerpices and chaircovers at the venue, along with our cake. Nothing to do there till our menu tasting which is in September

I'm also meeting my third florist this weekend then deciding. That's all I can remember for now!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_i-chose-my-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:0c28c954-f29e-44cd-a7c6-6f7dda295369Post:19788a15-68f3-411c-ba50-0d84341cd8d1">Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have: Church booked Reception booked photgrapher booked Dj booked Photobooth booked and We are getting engagement pics taken this weekend!! You are ahead of the game. I am not going bridesmaid dress shopping until May when I go home. YA! Planning!
    Posted by Sroberts28[/QUOTE]
     <div>Well i had to because my cousin lives in LA and i an in NYC so I wanted to do it when she was around and she was </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mbecker912Mbecker912 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_i-chose-my-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:0c28c954-f29e-44cd-a7c6-6f7dda295369Post:637cb4e1-5720-4660-85eb-1a17461d4e95">Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woo congrats!! I really like that dress. Are you doing the latte color (that's what first shows up for me!)? I have... Church reserved (but we need to go through the Catholic pre-wedding process still) Reception Hall Photographer Videographer DJ/Photobooth/Lighting Put a deposit on the florist (still need to iron out details/designs) My Dress Save the Dates printed (still need to work on addressing and sending) Hair stylist - will be done by our close family friend and since she's "in the industry" she's on the lookout for a reliable, good airbrush artist because I think that's what I want to try for make up. Phew! Can't believe we're finally in THE year! 
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]
    When are you going to Pre-Cana or whatever it is called in your church... I am going with my FI on the 18th for a weekend i am super exicted
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_i-chose-my-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:0c28c954-f29e-44cd-a7c6-6f7dda295369Post:1f8cf1e2-2c1b-4041-b529-565b29ffdb78">Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on choosing the dresses! So far I have: Church and Reception Booked-Dillard University in New Orleans DJ booked and was FREE- He's my daughters Godfather and works for the radio here Cakes-Picked out and taken care of Photographer-Booked and almost paid in full Flowers-picked out-I'm getting them from SAM'S CLUB! My dress-Paid in full SAMPLES sales are the BOMB! I got a $2300 dress for $299!  Bridesmaids dresses picked out and will be ordered in February  <a href="http://www.jordanfashions.com/1623" rel="nofollow">http://www.jordanfashions.com/1623</a> My MOH's are going to wear all black, my maids are going to wear all black with the blush bodice and my jr maids (my niece, daughter and stepdaughter) I can't decide what they should be in My colors are Black, Ivory and Blush...hmmmm My Makeup Artist is booked and halfway paid off We take engagement pics in May We are doing STD's by next month And that is it sooo far!
    Posted by CaseynMike[/QUOTE]

<div>Have you seen the Joardan in person because i went to the bridal salon with total intentions of getting a Joardan dress but some of them didnt look the same as they did online so go look at it in person if you can</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_i-chose-my-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:0c28c954-f29e-44cd-a7c6-6f7dda295369Post:48329f0c-a4ae-420e-9a8e-bbd25396be37">Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses : When are you going to Pre-Cana or whatever it is called in your church... I am going with my FI on the 18th for a weekend i am super exicted
    Posted by Mbecker912[/QUOTE]

<div>We're doing the two-part program, first one is this Saturday and then we're doing the second on a Saturday in February!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_i-chose-my-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:0c28c954-f29e-44cd-a7c6-6f7dda295369Post:e856ed16-85e8-41f3-a2dc-981aa55213cb">Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses : Have you seen the Joardan in person because i went to the bridal salon with total intentions of getting a Joardan dress but some of them didnt look the same as they did online so go look at it in person if you can
    Posted by Mbecker912[/QUOTE]

<div>We are going to look at it in person to see how it is going to come out. Thanks for the heads up.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_i-chose-my-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:0c28c954-f29e-44cd-a7c6-6f7dda295369Post:2a15ddb5-ff24-413b-bdda-15ae5aa99782">Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I chose my bridesmaid dresses : We are going to look at it in person to see how it is going to come out. Thanks for the heads up.
    Posted by CaseynMike[/QUOTE]
    no problem 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I'm so behind compared to most of you. Church booked Venus booked. Officiant agreed And color scheme chosen We also sent our STDs already. I know it's kind of early but they were sent with Christmas cards to save money I made a couple appts to try dresses on next weekend with my aunt and grandma. We have a tasting set up for the following Monday. I'm also going to a bridal show to get more contacts for dj and floral vendors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited January 2013
    Ceremony/Reception Venue booked- also doing food
    Cake baker booked and cake designed
    Photographer booked
    Officiant booked
    Engagement photos done (didn't have the money to buy any though, will try to incorporate them into the wedding album)
    STD's made (sending them out in May)
    Invitations made
    DJ Booked
    Wedding website up and running
    Registry done
    Ceremony program written, my mom is currently designing it (she will be painting it on a giant canvas, which will be displayed on an easel)
    Wedding party chosen- picked out tuxes, letting bridesmaids pick out their dresses
    Dress bought
    Tux reserved
    Centerpieces designed and parts bought
    Potential favors made (may just end up using them as decoration and not doing favors)

We've got a lot done. In fact, we don't really have anything to do other than continue to save up money until May when we send out the STD's.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    monbrown1988monbrown1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    I have: Reception and ceremony site booked and 3/4 paid DJ booked w/ deposit videographer paid in full photographer 1/2 paid wedding dress paid in full food almost decided a vendor just gotta send contract and double check pricing alcohol priced will pay when we pick up hotel block for OOT guests bridesmaids dresses picked out they are ordering them by end of month taking engagement photos next month MUA for day of flowers are being done as a wedding gift by my aunt who's done weddings her whole life we checked out flowers last month to see what will be in season for the wedding cake still being decided by also being done by my aunt Still need to: find transportation find rehearsal dinner venue decide whether or not to get a photo booth figure out favors grooms attire and groomsmen attire odd and ends Yay for everyone's checks!
  • Options
    And here I thought I was ahead :(

We have:
    Ceremony/reception booked
    Caterer booked
    Photographer booked
    My dress, veil, shoes
    BM dresses picked out and downpayment made

Still need:
    DJ
    Bakery
    Flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Options

I have:
    -Ceremony site booked
    -Reception site booked
    -Hotel block for out-of-town guests
    -Photographer booked
    -Officiant booked
    -Bridesmaid dresses selected...I am letting the girls pick their own Bill Levkoff dresses with the stipulation they must be floor length, chiffon, and navy.

We have appointments booked with a caterer, florist, and bakery yet this month. Oh and I still need to find my dress!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards