Pennsylvania-Central

name change

does anyone have the website that has the information on PA name changes?

when we went for our marriage license the girl said I'd be able to find everything online, but when I google it about of crap comes up -- so i CAN'T find it online.

HELP! :)
125 Invitedimage 105 Ready to Partyimage 20 Party Poopersimage 0 MIA image

Re: name change

• edited December 2011
    What information are you looking for?  I just got married on the 13th and I'm just about done with changing my name on everything.  I didn't need any special information to do that. 
  • anm5163anm5163 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i need the site with all the forms
  • edited December 2011

the only form you need to fill out is for DOT, and they have that at the building.

what you need to do is: wait for your official, sealed marriage license to come in the mail. take that to the social security office and have your name changed. they will give you a temporary card. take the license and your temporary card to the DMV and get your drivers licensed changed.

then for most things like work, banks, etc. you will need to wait for your official, hard copy SS card to come in the mail. make sure you change work and the bank and other credit cards to match your ID immediately and then just change bills as they come. normally there is a check box for name or address change.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went and did my license 1st all I needed was a check and my marriage license. From there I went to the SS office (right after I got my license done) all they needed was the marriage license and my old drivers licenses.  And then I stopped at the bank they needed my new license and marriage license.  I bank with Metro so I waited like 3 days and went back for my new debit card.  The rest of my things I'm doing all on my own some need the marriage license and will accept a copy of it (so I could put the orginal in our fire safe, I don't wanna lose it).  Hope that will help :)
  • anm5163anm5163 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much ladies :)
  • edited December 2011
    No problem :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards