Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wedding Favors

Hi ladies, I hope everyone had a great xmas.

I am having a hard time on deciding on bbq and salsa sauce for favors or the photo booth.  I need some help in deciding!!

Has anyone done either or and if so did your guest enjoy the favors?

Thanks!!  Foot in mouth
My wedding is in July 2010

Re: Wedding Favors

• Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I am almost always a fan of food favors and salsa seems to consistent pleaser. You could make some really cute labels for them and know that your favors would get used.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. Is this a special sauce recipe, like homemade or from a special place? The sauce seems like something people would use- who doesn't love bbq sauce and salsa- whereas the photobooth is fun for about 30 seconds then you throw the pics somewhere and forget about it.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you ladies! I wasn't sure what to do since I know the photo booth has been a big thing in weddings lately.

But I think you girls are right the bbq and salsa sauce would be better since you know everyone would probably use it. Cool

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The photo booth is the better choice! You will have some really fun photos of your friends and family that you will keep for a long time. The food is gone in a few hours. If it was me, I would want the memories and fun of the photos, instead of speading money on something that means nothing to many.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm totally partial to the photo booth, but that's because I've got a long time obsession with them, which is why we're having one at our reception.  I like the food idea too, but just as long as you think that your guests would like salsa or bbq sauce...I also like the homemade idea because it gives it a more personal touch.  I know that a lot of my friends are really picky eaters, so something like that would be wasted on them.  Good luck though!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just had our wedding reception a little over a week ago, and we had a photobooth.  It was a HUGE hit with our guests.  There was a line all night long, and guests used it as many times as they wanted.   Our dj announced that we had a photobooth at the beginning of the reception. The company we used, Chicagolandphotobooth, had a scrapbook for people to leave a copy of their photo strip, and write a message.  I have to say, that was a great gift for us.  I also love food favors, but I just wanted to let you know, the photobooth provided a fun form of entertainment for our guests, and a great scrapbook for us to enjoy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think you can go wrong either way, however I am also partial to the photobooth. We had one and it was a HUGE hit. People have a lot of fun with them and then they get a souvenir of pictures to take home. Maybe some got thrown away but most of my friends have their strips displayed on their fridge or our somewhere in their home (and we got married in August).

Plus we have a copy of most strips which I put in an album with some wedding memorabilia. Its a fun coffee table book that everyone flips through when they are at our home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both are great so you can't go wrong!  But I like how the sauce is something different and unique.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow this is going to be difficult everyone has a great ideas and its really hard to pick what you like better food or photos lol

But like everyone says the pictures will last forever. Tongue out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards