New Hampshire

DJ/Makeup referrals needed

Hey girls! I'm planning my wedding for next Sept. at Loon Mountain and I'm from out of state. Could any of you refer anyone who would travel for make-up and a really good DJ? Also, maybe even someone who could play some sort of instrument during the cocktail hour..... Thanks :)

Re: DJ/Makeup referrals needed

• edited December 2011
    Candas French might.  She does makeup for a lot of the NH girls.
  • edited December 2011
    I booked Candice French for make up for my wedding.  She is amazing!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I used Candice as well and was very happy.

I think George Parker gets recommendations on here a lot, although I didn't use him.  He plays classical guitar as well as being a DJ.

HTH!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hired Don Sanni as a classical/acoustic guitarist and he travels all over New England.  He lives in Nashua and can be booked on Gigmasters.com.  There is a link under the vendor page in my bio if you want to find out more about him and listen to samples.  He is going to play at our outdoor ceremony.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're using for a DJ RaMu and the Crew from RI (he travels pretty much anywhere).  He includes a ridiculous number of things in his package (like free uplighting)!  He's been my favorite vendor so far and awesome to work with.  His prices a really affordable.  Check out his reviews.

We're considering booking Don Sanni to play acoustic guitar at our ceremony.  I haven't worked with him yet but he has gotten rave reviews.  HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sdrinon07sdrinon07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are my suggestions...I am lazy and just pulled the write ups from my vendor review post...lol! ;)

Aaron Denny Musician and DJ – A+++++++++ 

www.aarondenny.com

Let me start off my saying we had soooo many of our guests come up to us to say Aaron is the best DJ they have ever heard. 

And we have a ton of friends and family who have been to a LOT of amazing weddings. People have been emailing and calling saying our wedding reception was the best they have ever been to and that is due in large part to how unbelievably amazing Aaron was! He played the perfect mix of music and the dance floor was packed the entire night. He was so good our guests asked if he could stay an extra hour! So that means people were on the dance floor for almost four hours....dancing the night away to the awesome music Aaron played. 

Aaron also played the classical guitar during our wedding ceremony and acoustic guitar during our cocktail hour. He is such a talented musician with an amazing voice...everyone loved it! 

I also have to comment on how friendly and accommodating Aaron is. He was so great to work with during the planning process and was such a pleasure to work with on our big day!!

Stylist - Caitlin Murphy: A++++++++www.caitlinmurphystylistI really don’t think I could ever put into words how happy Caitlin made me on my wedding day. I actually started crying when I looked in the mirror because I have never felt so beautiful in my whole life. In the almost 6 months since my hair and make up trial with Caitlin we've become friends...she is the sweetest and kindest person you'll meet and it was such a blessing to have her calming and enthusiastic attitude there on my wedding day. 

I wholeheartedly recommend Caitlin...she'll make you feel beautiful inside and out!!!
  • pattybri2011pattybri2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all sooooo much!!!! They are such a huge help!!!! Xoxo
  • edited December 2011

Hi! I got married in NC but was browsing through the NH board since I grew up there (and I'm bored at work! lol). My cousins came to NC to do my hair and makeup but they are based out of Rindge, NH. I think they do an amazing job. You can check them out on facebook at Hair Artistry by Jaycee & Melissa. I also have some pics on facebook from my wedding as well. You can find me by searching Marisa Toomey.
    I hope you find someone you are happy with! :)

Marisa Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Kriss Soterion at Kriss Cosmetics in Manchester, NH... she is amazing!!!! I know she has traveled for weddings in the past :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards