Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals Whitehouse vs. Secrets Wild Orchid/St. James

Hi ladies--
Has anyone compared Sandals Whitehouse with Secrets Wild Orchid/St. James?
We were all set to stay at Secrets Wild Orchid/St. James but our travel agent thinks we will enjoy Sandals Whitehouse much better.

We've stayed at both Sandals and Secrets/Dreams in the past...both are comparable and have little extras the others don't have.

Whta do you ladies think?!

Thanks!!

Re: Sandals Whitehouse vs. Secrets Wild Orchid/St. James

• All I know is that Whitehouse is far from the airport and Wild Orchid is new so they might not have everything in place yet. tripadvisor.com is the best for trying to decide!
    Anniversary
  • I just got back from Secrets Wild Orchid.  Take your travel agents advice and don't go there.  Don't get me wrong, it was a very nice resort, all of the people were nice and helpful, and the pool was great.  The food is not very good and there is not a big selection.  By the time we left (we were there 5 days), the room service menu was cut in half and it was already short to begin with.  It takes at least an hour for room service to arrive (even though they tell you 35-45 minutes). 

This resort just opened in March so I think they are probably still working out some kinds.

Oh, and St James is attached to Wild Orchid.  There is only one restaurant on the St James side.  So you would have to walk over to Wild Orchid for all of your meals.
  • Oh, and on 2 of the 5 days the maids didn't give us wash cloths and we had to use hand towels to shower
  • we stayed at whitehouse in april/may for twelve nights. we completely enjoyed our entire time there. i cant say that we had any complaints with the food, staff, or activities even after staying for nearly two weeks.

the only complaint we had was that it was the windy season so several days we couldnt snorkel/water ski. but that was not the resorts fault. but then we found out that the ski and fishing boats were both broken. so on the days where it was only mildly windy we couldnt do either of those. snorkeling and scuba diving boats were operational.

as pp said- it is about an hour and a half from the airport. the ride is a little nervewracking but its totally worth it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies!!  I appreciate all of the candid responses! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards