Wedding Etiquette Forum

Ugh. My fault, but still complaining

I decided to use Name your own price to book our anniversary trip to Chicago. The way to get exactly where you want is to try the exact area you want with the star rating you want. So for us, I choose a 4 star in downtown. Now, you click areas taht DON'T have 4 stars in order to quarantee you get the one you want (downtown). I clicked the wrong one and the bid got accepted. Now we're staying at a Hilton IN THE AIRPORT. And I paid $10 more than it costs to directly book. And now, because we won't be downtown to start with, I don't think we'll be able to do anything on the day we we return. We were going to hang out downtown before heading to catch a flight. Now we'd have to take the train/cab downtown for a short time and then make my way for my flight in time. Yeah, I pitched a fit and broke down crying. Both H and I called Priceline and they won't budge. I feel like our trip is ruined now :(
"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining

• Boo that sucks.  Can Hilton help?  My advice is to take the blue line - it's not that long of a ride and it goes right downtown.  And is super cheap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LVB I'm sorry that sucks. I agree with Andy, will Hilton help at all?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:13968985-7f62-411e-87a1-a74c0615fb6c">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boo that sucks.  Can Hilton help?  My advice is to take the blue line - it's not that long of a ride and it goes right downtown.  And is super cheap.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]
    Nope, Hilton won't touch me because I went through PL. They don't even know what room I have! As of now, I have a room, but whatever is free at that day. So my 6'10 husband and I could end up with 2 doubles. This was my worst idea in months.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Andy, how do you find parking downtown? What does it run?

At this point, I don't even want to go anymore :(
  • I just looked at the site and it has something about $25 cash back if you find a better price and they will match it. Does that apply to you?

http://www.priceline.com/promo/big_deal_guarantee_terms.html?jsk=9903010a9803010a20110425003914206021748846&plf=PCLN

It does suck and I am sorry.
  • That does suck. How long are you there for? 
  • I second the blue line.  For sure.  I wouldn't even rent a car - it's expensive to park downtown.  Just take the CTA. - it's cheap and easy to follow. Andy can probably help better than I can, but it's not hard.
    Photobucket
  • And when you say airport, i am assuming O'Hare, right?
    Photobucket
  • Aww man. That sucks LVB. Hopefully things will work out and you'll have an awesome time.
  • Yes, O'Hare. I'm worried abotu losing so much time with staying here. I mean, what about our fancy dinner? I don't want to take the freaking train in a dress and heels! But our other choice is $80.00 cab rates??
  • If it makes you feel any better, this is definitely something I would do. 
  • I have been on the el MANY times in a fancy dress and heels.  I think even a bridesmaid dress once...  You'll be ok :)
    Photobucket
  • Yeah don't let this ruin your trip.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:09217f30-15eb-4a17-aac1-d021215fb3ca">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, O'Hare. I'm worried abotu losing so much time with staying here. I mean, what about our fancy dinner? I don't want to take the freaking train in a dress and heels! But our other choice is $80.00 cab rates??
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]
    I've taken the El in a dress and heels.  It runs all the time and its about 25-30 min to the city. 

<a href="http://www.transitchicago.com/riding_cta/systemguide/blueline.aspx" rel='nofollow'>http://www.transitchicago.com/riding_cta/systemguide/blueline.aspx</a>

And the cab won't be $80 btw.  It would be like $30.
  • It could be much worse, you could be staying by Midway :)
    Photobucket
  • What about returning late at night...is it abandoned with the smelly homeless guy in the corner and then just you?
  • Where did you decide to go for your fancy dinner?
    Photobucket
  • Keep talking guys. I'm feeling like total shiit. Like I ruined our anniversary trip.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:56ceb92a-e59b-46bd-9aaa-cdb63fdb6c5f">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about returning late at night...is it abandoned with the smelly homeless guy in the corner and then just you?
    No - it's safe.  Where are you going to dinner?  Like where in downtown? 
  • We haven't picked anywhere for the dinner yet. First the hotel, flight and then everythign else. But I haven't been able to get past this today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ugh-fault-but-still-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c1ea0f2-8ff7-414c-b81e-23692785a98bPost:a0e5f005-b5a3-482b-83fd-94b8f64ba9f4">Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining</a>:
    [QUOTE]Keep talking guys. I'm feeling like total shiit. Like I ruined our anniversary trip.
    Ok this might make you feel better.  H and I were just in Skokie - a place about 45 min away from downtown.  We made it to the loop twice and it was nbd.
  • Noooo don't feel like shiit. What's H say about all this?
  • Go to Cafe Ba Ba Reeba! It's not SUPER fancy, but it's SO tasty!
  • "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • H is totally fine. But he's very laid back and go with the flow. I just ahd this image in my head of being downtown in the middle of all the action and walking everywhere and being able to go back to the hotel and rest. And meet Missy and it just being super easy. Gah, I'm an idiot.
  • I know it's not ideal, but it's what you got.  I'd be bummed too, it's a bit inconvenient, but it will be ok You will still have a great trip.  The weather has been getting better everyday, and it will be a lot of fun.  As much as I hate the winters here, spring and summer are the reason I still live around here.  Have you been here before?  It's a gorgeous city.  My absolute favorite thing to do is bike or rollerblade along the lakefront on a nice day.  You guys will still have a great trip.    
    If we have a GTG I can pick you up and drop you off :)
    Photobucket
  • That place is nice - another excellent steakhouse would be Morton's.

If I were you...I'd  cab it back  You can take the el down - its literally IN the same building as your hotel is and then have a nice ride back down.

• LVB the el will be fine. Dressed up or not it's a great and easy system to figure out. And if it's only $30.00 for the cab that won't be too bad for one night out on the town.
  • I think Andy should come back.
    Photobucket
  • We HAVE to have a G2G! It's part of the reason I chose Chi instead of NYC.

We went to Mortons on our engagement night. I want something equally as good but different :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards