May 2012 Weddings

Registry stress

SO I just shouldnt look at my registry. Is anyone else having people buy them more sets than what you have asked for?
For exampled I asked for 1 set of sheets that match our duvet cover. It says 2 sets have been purchased. I registered for a different sheet set too, why didnt they just buy that instead? lol.
I asked for 2 sets of towels (2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 face cloths). I have now had 4 of each purchased.
I am hoping it is a glitch in the system and I am not actually going to receive 4 of the exact same towels lol.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Registry stress

• You can always return extras in order to get things off of the registry that people didn't buy. :)
  • Yeah that is likely what we will do.
    I guess people think I dont know how many sets of things we need or something lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Or you may have some ppl, like some of my older relatives, who are thinking you need more towels than that. I don't know what is is about older women and towels/linen, but they get carried away lol. That's how it is with my family anyway; my late grandmother had TONS stacked in her closet.

But yeah, you can always take it back. Don't stress :)
    Anniversary
  • Yep, old people like towels. It was the first thing bought off our registry, and I've already been told that I should add more towels. Haha...my fi and I have been living together for a number of years. Maybe they don't realize that we've been drying ourselves off with towels for quite some time. :) If you get too many just return them for the stuff you really want. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can always exchange or return the extras for things you don't get. Don't get stressed over this. It's just towels and sheets. :)

• I am not in the habit of registry stalking, but as soon as I found out the invites got sent I logged onto my BBB registry to change one final thing.  Several items had been puchased - mostly kitchen towels that we had NOT registered for, while the ones we had registered for hadn't been purchased.  I'm seriously hoping they bought the wrong ones by mistake, seeing as they had our ENTIRE registry to pick from.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The same thing happened with my Target registry. I really think it's glitch. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It could be a glitch, but it would be weird if a guest did that, but you can always return it for something else.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Some people (typically older folks) seem to think you need doubles of everything (towels, sheets, spoons everything!). I guess it goes back to having to line dry your laundry and you need something to use in the meantime...laundry only takes about 2 hours to wash and dry max now....duplicates are not always necissary. However, I wouldn't stress about it...I made a huge registry and honestly some of the things on it are just there to include items in a range of price ranges and items...I might even take some things we did register back and get credit for it if we dont get some of the items that were more important to us. (plus we get discounts so we can actually get a deal on things if we get credit and then get somethign else off the registry ourselves with the credit)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I wouldn't stress over it too much :) Like PPs said, you can always return/exchange the extras & get something else!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A friend of mine said that when she got married, they we're registered at Wal-Mart.  They returned a lot and recieved about a 250$ gift card.  They used that money to buy the staples for their new home!  I know it's a hassle to return things, but you can always go back and get anything that you really wanted/needed but didnt recieve.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards