Wedding Etiquette Forum

Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!

2»

Re: Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!

• I wonder what all the "rapture is upon us" people will do on Sunday morning....
    Anniversary
  • For the OP, I hope you feel better now that you've chastised others who you do not know for things that have absolutely nothing to do with etiquette. Have a nice day.

For the rapture, we're just staying home. I figure we'll have a "day after" party if nothing happens and we're all still here.
  • I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing that I'm going to be on a cruise ship when this shindig is supposed to go down.  Either way, I'll be enjoying an adult beverage.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We can do a "day after tomorrow" style rapture party.
  • Fezz will you be close to shore? I would love to sit back and watch all the rapturing take place. It would be like the 4th of July, only creepier.
  • We leave the port at 4 Saturday.  So we may be pretty far out from any shore by 6.  And I may be highly intoxicated by 6 as well, so I probably will forget all about the great show.

• I love that episode of "American Dad" when the rapture comes. We will have it on repeat for our rapture party.

• I have a graduation to go to...lame.
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • OMG Yes! Shann, I love that episode I was just telling someone on The Bump about it. 

• Can we just answer every stupid question from now until Sunday with "The Rapture's coming, what's the point???"
  • Yea, I have "start believing in God" tentatively pencilled in for like 6:05 on Saturday. I wish it was a work day so the admins who do my schedule could see it. Sometimes I find myself to be clever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-gives-rats-ss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:39d08823-852e-4b90-93c6-6c0bbaa4ce0aPost:6b7a8d31-cf41-410f-85c5-ab3f656b04eb">Re: Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can we just answer every stupid question from now until Sunday with "The Rapture's coming, what's the point???"
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]

This. Except you need to do your B pics!!
  • The graduation I'm going to is on Saturday, so I guess it's TBD based on the rapture status of my cousin. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-gives-rats-ss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:39d08823-852e-4b90-93c6-6c0bbaa4ce0aPost:6b7a8d31-cf41-410f-85c5-ab3f656b04eb">Re: Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can we just answer every stupid question from now until Sunday with "The Rapture's coming, what's the point???"
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]
    This for sure!
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • I'm down with the Rapture. My B-day is on the 24th, and frankly I'm not ready to be 26.
  • I'll be sleeping.  Working 3rd shift again this weekend.  
  • Attention Rapture party people: Please to be adding Shaggy's modern classic "It Wasnt Me" to your party playlist.
  • Soo..... I wonder if I should order my takeout pizza before 5 or after 5 on Saturday?
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Mel, I heart you.  This is the second time I've said it today.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I want rapture fondue.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-gives-rats-ss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:39d08823-852e-4b90-93c6-6c0bbaa4ce0aPost:70087999-ec4f-4181-b81e-f3a8f1ee93b5">Re: Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mel, I heart you.  This is the second time I've said it today.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

aww, I heart you right back
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-gives-rats-ss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:39d08823-852e-4b90-93c6-6c0bbaa4ce0aPost:538df40e-3e23-4ef7-bfcd-fa229befbe59">Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]All this etiquette talk is the EXACT reason why I'm having a "un-wedding". I'm doing my hardest to avoid all these rules.  All this foo foo expensive stuff that all you brides do.  All the wasted money and stress you go thru.  Why?  Just have a party. Celebrate your marriage.  Why does it have to be so formal and full of rules? Relax and have a little fun instead of worrying about favors, centerpieces, guests books, chair covers and other stuff that no one cares about.  All of these little details that you stress over will be forgotten by your guests about a week after you get married.  People get married everyday. Everyone gets married.  It's not that special. Your marriage is special but not the wedding favors. 
    Posted by HelloSTL[/QUOTE]

<div>Etiquette has absolutely nothing to do with favors and spending a lot of money.  It has everything to do with showing thoughtfulness and respect for your wedding party and guests.</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-gives-rats-ss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:39d08823-852e-4b90-93c6-6c0bbaa4ce0aPost:4fe5817e-6482-4186-9fe9-34425c9c6a1a">Re: Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want rapture fondue.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]<div>
    I was just about to post exactly that.  Melty cheese for all the unrepentent sinners.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-gives-rats-ss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:39d08823-852e-4b90-93c6-6c0bbaa4ce0aPost:cd340a5d-7308-4cba-8342-3d616da3b6b8">Re: Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

Inconceivable!

Princess Bride, LOVE it!
    imageAnniversary
  • I'll be having a spa party for the rapture.  Hey maybe those that are at the party will have glowing skin if and when they start floating up?
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is that 6pm Eastern? If so, I'll probably still be at the company picnic. We can just turn it into a company-wide rapture party.

Dammit, Mica, now I want Chinese food. Vegan Chinese food made by some very nice Buddhist ladies. Yum.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I think it might be 6pm PST, since Camping's church is in Oakland.

There's nothing wrong with having Chinese food cravings.  We do live in the place with the best Chinese food in the US.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-gives-rats-ss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:39d08823-852e-4b90-93c6-6c0bbaa4ce0aPost:cd340a5d-7308-4cba-8342-3d616da3b6b8">Re: Etiquette--who gives a rat's @ss?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.</strong> But seriously, etiquette is about treating people with respect, not about all of that material crap. Etiquette is not expensive, unless you allow it to be. Etiquette should not be stressful, if you're doing it right.
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

<div>Opal, I *just* showed that movie in class today!</div><div>
    </div><div>I wish I would have remember to ask MIL what their rapture plans were.  They are serious fundamental Christians who take the Bible literally, so whether or not they believe the rapture will occur as scheduled is up in the air, since the Bible says no one knows the day.  That could have been a fun debate!</div>
  •  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image Future Mrs.Hellem
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards